Applying to uni without company finding out Watch

Hoc est Bellum
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi All,

I'm in the second year of my apprenticeship in engineering. I want to apply to uni (any uni) for a BEng in manufacturing or aerospace engineering in which to start next year (which would be my third year of my apprenticeship). I am studying a BTEC Diploma in Engineering and hope to get D*D* as well as a level 3 extended nvq in mechanical manufacturing engineering.

What I wanted to know is if I could apply to uni without them notifying my company or the college where I am getting my qualifications and if I will be able to get in without first doing a foundation year.

Thanks
Blackballoons
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hoc est Bellum)
Hi All,

I'm in the second year of my apprenticeship in engineering. I want to apply to uni (any uni) for a BEng in manufacturing or aerospace engineering in which to start next year (which would be my third year of my apprenticeship). I am studying a BTEC Diploma in Engineering and hope to get D*D* as well as a level 3 extended nvq in mechanical manufacturing engineering.

What I wanted to know is if I could apply to uni without them notifying my company or the college where I am getting my qualifications and if I will be able to get in without first doing a foundation year.

Thanks
Your company would not be informed although they will probably need to know soon enough wrt find out our about what you already have done.

As for the foundation year, universities are varied in this regards and i would recommend calling the admissions team for an informal chat. That worked for me in a different admission query and they waived one of their conditions for me as a result. Worth an ask
Catherine1973
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How would you get around the referee part? I had to ask my employer to do it, so had to tell them.
Blackballoons
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Catherine1973)
How would you get around the referee part? I had to ask my employer to do it, so had to tell them.
Can be anyone. The call to admissions to set the scene will help. Recent former teachers or volunteer leaders can help. It would be like a mature student outside of education applying.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (142)
18.83%
Labour (322)
42.71%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.44%
Brexit Party (21)
2.79%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)