HELP, why do I revise better at NIGHT?!

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
TLDR: How do I stop wasting time and focus on revision?

Hi, I'm sure some people will relate to being a student who likes to procrastinate. I actually need help because it's stressing me out soo much! During the day, I'll start to revise but then anything will distract me. So for example, if I have a maths mock and I would end up revising French instead, when I don't need to revise it
Also, my productive time is late at night, I like to make nice notes during this time, I don't know why. For the past 2 weeks I've been going to sleep after 11, and I'm always exhausted in school now. People around me are also somewhat concerned. But I actually think my productive time is in the night

Any tips or advice would be helpful
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nighttime might just be the right, quiet, low distraction environment for you

I have seen this before, and it could even be genetic!
laura10203
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm very similar and the advice I can give is make a strict timetable and keep to it. Also, I found closing my blinds in my room and turning the lights on helped me get into a state of studying because it kinda seemed like night. I know it's tough but try not to miss too much sleep. You should be getting around 8 hours which depending on when you have to get up can be fitted in but if others are noticing then you definitely aren't getting enough. Hopefully, now that winter is coming it'll help but just keep at it and what the timetable does as well is get your body into a different routine and it should adapt somewhat. This worked for me but if doesn't for you then don't force it on yourself. Hope that helped a bit and good luck to you. 🍀🤞🍀
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by laura10203)
I'm very similar and the advice I can give is make a strict timetable and keep to it. Also, I found closing my blinds in my room and turning the lights on helped me get into a state of studying because it kinda seemed like night. I know it's tough but try not to miss too much sleep. You should be getting around 8 hours which depending on when you have to get up can be fitted in but if others are noticing then you definitely aren't getting enough. Hopefully, now that winter is coming it'll help but just keep at it and what the timetable does as well is get your body into a different routine and it should adapt somewhat. This worked for me but if doesn't for you then don't force it on yourself. Hope that helped a bit and good luck to you. 🍀🤞🍀
thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.63%
Uncertainty around my education (57)
11.47%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (59)
11.87%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.28%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (27)
5.43%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (21)
4.23%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.66%
Financial worries (30)
6.04%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
4.02%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.44%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (14)
2.82%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (48)
9.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (42)
8.45%

Watched Threads