Pr16AD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I am interested in applying for a SLT masters, however I did my undergrad in Philosophy. I was wondering if anyone has got onto a course without an undergrad degree that relates to SLT. If you have any advice, please let me know 🙂
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Pr16AD)
I am interested in applying for a SLT masters, however I did my undergrad in Philosophy. I was wondering if anyone has got onto a course without an undergrad degree that relates to SLT. If you have any advice, please let me know 🙂
I did the undergraduate SLT course, and met a few people on placements who'd done the postgraduate route. Unfortunately, you need to have a highly relevant first degree to get into a SLT master's (think Linguistics, Speech Sciences, English Language etc.), as it's very competitive and each university usually offers only a small number of places each year.

Many students with a less relevant first degree therefore opt to do the undergraduate version of the course, as this is less competitive and you can also get some funding for it as an exception course.
Pr16AD
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
I did the undergraduate SLT course, and met a few people on placements who'd done the postgraduate route. Unfortunately, you need to have a highly relevant first degree to get into a SLT master's (think Linguistics, Speech Sciences, English Language etc.), as it's very competitive and each university usually offers only a small number of places each year.

Many students with a less relevant first degree therefore opt to do the undergraduate version of the course, as this is less competitive and you can also get some funding for it as an exception course.
Which uni did you go to?
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Pr16AD)
Which uni did you go to?
Marjon in Plymouth.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (142)
18.83%
Labour (322)
42.71%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.44%
Brexit Party (21)
2.79%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)