The Student Room Group

Drink driving convictions

When I got kicked out of the army for eczema (they like to call it medically discharging me) I was stupid enough to take a high performance motorcycle out after the pub (I had a lose if direction very out of character for me) and got convicted, now in honesty I need to know if this will effect my application into university as a Paramedic. I’m on track and achieving well. The mistake has ruined my life
(edited 4 years ago)
I had a quick look, but it's hard to find information. I got this link from the General Medical Council:

https://www.gmc-uk.org/education/standards-guidance-and-curricula/guidance/achieving-good-medical-practice/protected-spent-cautions-and-convictions

What it's saying is that it will affect your application if it's relevant to the role. However, this is for a doctor and I imagine the same may apply for a paramedic.

My advice is to contact a careers service and mention this to them. I think you've asked a very good question here.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Best of luck.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by OllyJWilson
When I got kicked out of the army for eczema (they like to call it medically discharging me) I was stupid enough to take a high performance motorcycle out after the pub (I had a lose if direction very out of character for me) and got convicted, now in honesty I need to know if this will effect my application into university as a Paramedic. I’m on track and achieving well. The mistake has ruined my life

Check with one of the unis offering degrees in Paramedic Science, they will know more than a careers adviser since you are asking a very specific question.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending