nourhadid
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have a problem. Since I was younger, I have always dreamed of working in the fashion industry. My family is from Milan, and I have always been so interested in Milanese fashion. I currently live in England, and I am a Year 12 A-Level student.
My dream would be to study fashion design and/or textiles at university, and I would love to go to university in Italy or France. HOWEVER, Textiles A-level was not offered at my school, and I did not pick it for GCSE as my teachers at the time told me it was not an academic subject (I regret listening to them so much). I did not pick any art subject for A-levels either, instead I picked English Lit, French and History.
Therefore, I have no idea how I'm going to get into a fashion course, if I have never studied it before?
Please come someone offer advice, there is honestly no other subject that interests me at a degree level. University is not a must, I would happily do something else in fashion.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
I would recommend that you start off with an art & design foundation diploma (FAD). If you look into your local colleges and universities then you should be able to find one which would allow you to take a fashion and/or textiles pathway.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5017684 Explains more about these courses.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (23)
32.86%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (32)
45.71%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (14)
20%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
1.43%

Watched Threads