Shall I add my non uk qualification as well? Watch

hogwarts99
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi, I'm really stuck in the 'education' section of ucas. 3 years ago I moved in uk from Italy. In Italy the college is for 5 years and because I moved here I only did the first two years so I don't have a qualification for that. When I moved here my college didn't accept what I was doing in Italy so I had to do maths and english gcse and then I did a level 2 applied science qualification and now I'm doing my second year of level 3 btec applied science.
The question is, shall I just put the qualifications that I did here in England or do I have to add my italian qualifications as well clicking the 'no qualification' box? I'm thinking to put just the english ones because they won't count the italian ones as I didn't finish the course. What do you advice me?
Last edited by hogwarts99; 4 weeks ago
LuigiMario
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You can mention somewhere that you studied in italy for several years - especially if it or one of the subjects is relevant for your planned degree choice, but as you chose another path than to finish l'esame di maturità , then document that (GCSE, L2 & BTEC) fully.
hogwarts99
Rep:
?
(Original post by LuigiMario)
You can mention somewhere that you studied in italy for several years - especially if it or one of the subjects is relevant for your planned degree choice, but as you chose another path than to finish l'esame di maturità , then document that (GCSE, L2 & BTEC) fully.
So can I just put my gcses, level 2 applied science and level 3 as I didn't complete l'esame di maturità? Will it affect my application if I don't put it?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hogwarts99)
So can I just put my gcses, level 2 applied science and level 3 as I didn't complete l'esame di maturità? Will it affect my application if I don't put it?
That’s what you add to your UK school.

You also need to add your italian school with the years you attended but select that you didn’t get any qualifications
hogwarts99
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
That’s what you add to your UK school.

You also need to add your italian school with the years you attended but select that you didn’t get any qualifications
But then do I have to mention it in my application (through my personal statement or reference) why I didn't finish the course in Italy?
What if I just don't mention it? Would it affect my application?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by hogwarts99)
But then do I have to mention it in my application (through my personal statement or reference) why I didn't finish the course in Italy?
What if I just don't mention it? Would it affect my application?
Your reference would normally mention it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Chester
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • Kingston University London
    All faculties involved Undergraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 13 Nov '19

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (243)
54%
18-20 years old (no) (57)
12.67%
20-25 years old (yes) (74)
16.44%
20-25 years old (no) (9)
2%
25-30 years old (yes) (24)
5.33%