Do you have a double or single bed in your room?

Watch
Poll: what size bed do you have?
Single (190)
55.56%
Double (112)
32.75%
larger than double (king size etc) (24)
7.02%
Other (3/4 etc) (16)
4.68%
jenren22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Now i appreciate alot of you live (or lived) in halls so most of them are single, but at home, do you have a double or a single bed? If any of you are in a student shared house, do you have a double bed?

I have always had a single, and it is astonishing how so many people have doubles just for themselves, i was always brought up to know only couples had double beds, i used to have one of those big cabin beds!

Please share.
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Single bed at home. Most people I knew had a single growing up too.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Single unfortunantly. My room is tiny. I live at home btw. Hopefully I'll have a bigger room at least in halls next year:p:
happydinosaur
Report 12 years ago
At home a single bed. In the student house I've just moved out of a double bedded house. 5 rooms all doubles. Have a double next year as well Seems quite common in student accomodation, landlords seem to put in double beds if the room is big enough. My boyfriend's house next year has 4 double rooms.
Elvendork
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I have a single bed, always have.
It would be impossible to fit a double bed into my room, because I share with my sister :p:
I agree though, I've always thought that it was a bit weird that people (I know a 13 year old with one!) have double beds when they still live at home and aren't in a relationship...
Sick Puppy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
King size

Edit: I always used to have a single but since moving into my new room last year I have a lot of space to fit a bigger bed in my room. My feet always used to poke over the end so having a wider bed made it much longer too
Glutamic Acid
Badges: 17
Report 12 years ago
Single. No need for a double.
milliondollarcorpse
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Single, I remember a year or so ago I asked if I could get a double bed and my mum just asked me if it's because I'm planning on sharing the bed with someone :p:
A double bed wouldn't really be ideal for my room anyway, everything is so crammed as it is.
u_dun_noe
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I've got a double, in a fairly-sized room at home

i had a single, but my legs where starting to extend the length of the bed - i got annoyed and then bought a double
Redpanda91
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Damn I ticked single when it should be other, I sleep in a bunk bed Top with my sister on the bottom bunk!
DancinBallerina
Badges: 20
Report 12 years ago
Single when growing up, but now double - has been for the past few years
Flourella
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Single.

Faintly jealous of you OP; I wanted some sort of cabin-bed-type-thing so much when I was little, but my room was too small!
kayzy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i have a single at home :sad:

i had a double in halls

and i will have a double when i move into my house this year ;grin;
Kater Murr
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Double, but only because I moved into a spare room later, because my old bedroom was absolutely tiny.
xSplashx
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A double just for myself. But I only got it this year. Before it, it was a single and before that it was a bunk bed.
Untitled258
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Single at home, actully, atm im sleeping on the top bunk of bunk beds at home

Double is waiting for me when i move into my new halls though.
buttons_andbeads
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I had a single up until I was about 14, now I have a double! I'm not looking forward to going back to a single bed in halls next year..
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 12 years ago
My room lacks size with a double bed. It's not small by any means, but still a single would be more suitable. But I have a double bed, mainly because I love to stretch, toss and turn..
squid
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Me and my Brother share a room and the way our bunkbed is built, it has a single on top and a double below. I get the double ;D
wellerism
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Double but i had to buy it myself lol

i am 6"4 so i needed the extra room and its lush!

LUSH!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (15)
22.73%
I'm not sure (2)
3.03%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (18)
27.27%
I have already dropped out (3)
4.55%
I'm not a current university student (28)
42.42%

Watched Threads