crush on a flatmate Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i met my flatmate like a month ago when we moved in and i liked her the moment i saw her, i am 28 and i always rush things so i am trying to be sensible here . I really like her and would love to ask he out on a date but she is my flatmate so i don't want things to be awkward if she says no and i don't want to lose her either as a friend so i don't know what to do. A few days ago i asked her out to go to a vegetarian festival so she replied later saying thats she sick and needs to be inside so she suggested we go see a movie and she asked the people on our group but no one came it was only us, and frankly i was happy that we would be alone but the movie didn't give us much time to talk so still i don't know if she is thinking of me as a friend or more. When we are together the way she looks at me it makes me crazy but i don't know do i think that because i like her or does she has some feelings for me .... Her birthday is coming soon and i don't know if i get her a fancy gift or just get her anything or should i just go to her room and ask her out and see how it goes.
I am ready to either be her boyfriend or be her friend as long as i don't lose her.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ask her out on a date in the kitchen, then if she says no you can defuse awkwardness by offering her a cup of tea like a true British patriot. Semi srs suggestion.

Nobody here is going to be able to actually assess your chances of success, but generally if you're already friends and you live together, they're going to want to maintain the friendship so as to not make living with you hellish. Your chances of losing her altogether should be low. Just ask her out on a date, no biggie.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
Ask her out on a date in the kitchen, then if she says no you can defuse awkwardness by offering her a cup of tea like a true British patriot. Semi srs suggestion.

Nobody here is going to be able to actually assess your chances of success, but generally if you're already friends and you live together, they're going to want to maintain the friendship so as to not make living with you hellish. Your chances of losing her altogether should be low. Just ask her out on a date, no biggie.
Well i asked her out for a concert but thats in 1 month+ so she didnt reply yet plus i don't wanna be too naggy i want to give her her space so she doesn't hate me.. so should i just ask her out on a real date this week or should i wait till she replies to the concert first??
lilypadmeulin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i met my flatmate like a month ago when we moved in and i liked her the moment i saw her, i am 28 and i always rush things so i am trying to be sensible here . I really like her and would love to ask he out on a date but she is my flatmate so i don't want things to be awkward if she says no and i don't want to lose her either as a friend so i don't know what to do. A few days ago i asked her out to go to a vegetarian festival so she replied later saying thats she sick and needs to be inside so she suggested we go see a movie and she asked the people on our group but no one came it was only us, and frankly i was happy that we would be alone but the movie didn't give us much time to talk so still i don't know if she is thinking of me as a friend or more. When we are together the way she looks at me it makes me crazy but i don't know do i think that because i like her or does she has some feelings for me .... Her birthday is coming soon and i don't know if i get her a fancy gift or just get her anything or should i just go to her room and ask her out and see how it goes.
I am ready to either be her boyfriend or be her friend as long as i don't lose her.
Honesty might be the best policy here. Even if you don't say anything, your feelings may start to affect your friendship, but the fact that you've already thought about how it might be awkward and how you want her as a friend is good, because you're considering the friendship! And treating that on an equal level with your feelings is a great thing to do.
Sit down, have a cup of tea with her, and talk things out. Make sure to stress how important she is to you, as a friend or romantic interest. Heck, even show her what you put on here!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (53)
21.03%
Unconditional if firmed (20)
7.94%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.79%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (6)
2.38%
No unconditional offers (171)
67.86%

Watched Threads