Scared I got an STD? Watch

Viennaaxo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey so this is gonna sound so stupid but please read. I had sex with a guy two weeks ago, we used a condom and he didn’t *** inside me anyway. I did perform oral sex on him tho, but he didn’t come in my mouth either. His body count was around 25 , and I just had sex with another guy and so now I’m panicking that the other guy may have given me a STD? I haven’t had any symptoms, but I’m just panicking that I have HIV (sounds so stupid but I have OCD so I get intrusive thoughts) or chlamydia and have passed it to someone else. Any ideas? I’m gonna go get tested on Thursday for STDs btw.
panickingtoearly
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just try to relax. There's no way u could have gotten one from the first guy and ur gonna get tested so theres no need to panic. But i totally get the obsessive thought, i sucks but i usually try to distract my self as much as possibly, try watching a show in a different language so you have to focus on the words meaning ur mind is less likely to think about anything else. Hope this helps
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1. Get tested - which you are doing - so great job.
2. Ejaculation isn't the critical element to catching an STI, viable exposure is.
3. As you used a condom for vaginal penetration the chances of catching or spreading an STI or becoming pregnant are very small.
3. You can catch and spread some STIs via oral sex but it's improbable to catch or spread HIV this way in non-high risk populations. Using a condom for oral sex would protect you both further.
4. Try not to worry about these things but do protect yourself and if you have a therapist talk to them about how you are feeling.
Last edited by JTfoxlove; 1 month ago
panickingtoearly
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JTfoxlove)
1. Get tested - which you are doing - so great job.
2. Ejaculation isn't the critical element to catching an STI, viable exposure is.
3. As you used a condom for vaginal penetration the chances of catching or spreading an STI or becoming pregnant are very small.
3. You can catch and spread some STIs via oral sex but it's improbable to catch or spread HIV this way in non-high risk populations. Using a condom for oral sex would protect you both further.
4. Try not to worry about these things but do protect yourself and if you have a therapist talk to them about how you are feeling.
A therapist is a little over dramatic, no?
JTfoxlove
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by panickingtoearly)
A therapist is a little over dramatic, no?
The OP mentions 'OCD' and 'intrusive thoughts', which suggests to me that they may have used some sort of mental health service in the past. If so they may still be regularly seeing a therapist and should disclose this situation and concern. No drama just best practice.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Viennaaxo)
Hey so this is gonna sound so stupid but please read. I had sex with a guy two weeks ago, we used a condom and he didn’t *** inside me anyway. I did perform oral sex on him tho, but he didn’t come in my mouth either. His body count was around 25 , and I just had sex with another guy and so now I’m panicking that the other guy may have given me a STD? I haven’t had any symptoms, but I’m just panicking that I have HIV (sounds so stupid but I have OCD so I get intrusive thoughts) or chlamydia and have passed it to someone else. Any ideas? I’m gonna go get tested on Thursday for STDs btw.
You may also want to get tested in a month or so, as it can sometimes take several weeks for STDs to become detectable. As long as you've used protection (which you have) then you should be fine.
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Viennaaxo)
Stop panicking and get tested. Then get more knowledge about how sti can be caught. You can still get infected even if the guy does not c.m. Also guys can 'leak' semen without actually ejaculating. Obviously , having lots of partners means that one has to be even more alert about sti.
MrRod.pt
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have got an answer for you, use a condom
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (54)
32.14%
Spring (31)
18.45%
Autumn/Fall (41)
24.4%
Winter (32)
19.05%
I love them all equally (10)
5.95%