The Student Room Group

Does anyone here do AQA A-Level History?

I have to make mindmaps for homework on these topics:
Ø Treatment of the Nobility- Bonds and Recognizances
Ø Treatment of the Nobility- Attainders
Ø Treatment of the Nobility- Retaining

These are during Henry VII reign.

What are the main points I need to get down, as I have an exam tomorrow on an unseen question?
Hi! I’m not sure about bonds and recognizances, but for the others:
Attainders: Henry VII passed these special laws declaring people who had been disloyal to him (e.g at the Battle of Bosworth) guilty of treason without a trial. This enabled him to take their land and titles.
Henry also passed laws on retaining (when a nobleman kept a large number of men as his personal staff) in 1485, when Parliament had to swear not to retain illegally. In 1504 nobles needed a special license to retain but often avoided the fines e.f by covering up the wages of men they retained.
Hope this helps! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by RebeccaB_x
Hi! I’m not sure about bonds and recognizances, but for the others:
Attainders: Henry VII passed these special laws declaring people who had been disloyal to him (e.g at the Battle of Bosworth) guilty of treason without a trial. This enabled him to take their land and titles.
Henry also passed laws on retaining (when a nobleman kept a large number of men as his personal staff) in 1485, when Parliament had to swear not to retain illegally. In 1504 nobles needed a special license to retain but often avoided the fines e.f by covering up the wages of men they retained.
Hope this helps! :smile:

thank you so much! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending