Annonamous47jp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Has anyone applied for dental hygiene/therapy or got any replies or offers yet?
L4ur41996
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey! I’ve applied for DHDT
No offers yet but my application was only sent off this morning 😂
Where have you applied?
(Original post by Annonamous47jp)
Fabulous_unicorn
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yup I applied 2 week's ago . Not heard anything yet apart from the Uni Acknowledgment.
LauraDurrant1998
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have had one invite to an interview and one rejection so far the others have all acknowledged me but that's it... Worrying so much!!!
What's your entry qualifications if you don't mind me asking?? x
L4ur41996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oohh you’ve heard back already? When did you submit your application? X
(Original post by LauraDurrant1998)
I have had one invite to an interview and one rejection so far the others have all acknowledged me but that's it... Worrying so much!!!
What's your entry qualifications if you don't mind me asking?? x
LauraDurrant1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
4th September haha, literally the minute I was allowed to xx
L4ur41996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ahh okay I only sent mine off like 3 days ago 😂 IM SO NERVOUS WAITINGFOR REPLIES OMG
Where did you apply to?! X
4th September haha, literally the minute I was allowed to xx
LauraDurrant1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by L4ur41996)
Ahh okay I only sent mine off like 3 days ago 😂 IM SO NERVOUS WAITINGFOR REPLIES OMG
Where did you apply to?! X
Portsmouth, Essex, Queen Mary, Birmingham & Bristol.. Birmingham rejected me and I swapped them for Teeside at the last minute so really annoying but Essex have asked for an interview and I wanted Essex as one of my main choices (I have 3 main choices I want haha) ... but yeah was traumatic getting rejected even though I wasn’t even keen on that one 🙃 good luck, it’s such a competitive course and I want it SO bad so yeah I’m just nervous too xxxx
LI7790
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’ve also applied but I haven’t heated anything yet, I have seen though that a lot of interviews and offers are made late November time
L4ur41996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know! Apparently they all get something like 400 applicants and of course they only take 15 😭
Ohh that’s good then at least you got an interview for the one you wanted! I’m so scared I’m gonna just get rejected I can imagine it’s the worst feeling!!😂😂
I’ve applied to Plymouth (with and without the foundation year), Portsmouth, Teesside and Manchester!
Just waiting to hear back now... 👀
Portsmouth, Essex, Queen Mary, Birmingham & Bristol.. Birmingham rejected me and I swapped them for Teeside at the last minute so really annoying but Essex have asked for an interview and I wanted Essex as one of my main choices (I have 3 main choices I want haha) ... but yeah was traumatic getting rejected even though I wasn’t even keen on that one 🙃 good luck, it’s such a competitive course and I want it SO bad so yeah I’m just nervous too xxxx
L4ur41996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
That’s quite reassuring then 😂
(Original post by LI7790)
I’ve also applied but I haven’t heated anything yet, I have seen though that a lot of interviews and offers are made late November time
LauraDurrant1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know! Apparently they all get something like 400 applicants and of course they only take 15 😭
Ohh that’s good then at least you got an interview for the one you wanted! I’m so scared I’m gonna just get rejected I can imagine it’s the worst feeling!!😂😂
I’ve applied to Plymouth (with and without the foundation year), Portsmouth, Teesside and Manchester!
Just waiting to hear back now... 👀
We are up against each other for Portsmouth then hahaha, what are your entry qualifications if you don’t mind me asking?? & I didn’t realise you can apply for a foundation year!! I’d take that if it mean I could get in xxx
L4ur41996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We are up against each other for Portsmouth then hahaha, what are your entry qualifications if you don’t mind me asking?? & I didn’t realise you can apply for a foundation year!! I’d take that if it mean I could get in xxx
Hahahah yeah I guess we are 😂
I’m a dental nurse with 3 years experience
And I’m doing an Access course in Biology and Physics at the moment!
What about you?
Yeah I thought I’d defo apply for the foundation year just Incase because it’s made especially for dental nurses! X
LauraDurrant1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hahahah yeah I guess we are 😂
I’m a dental nurse with 3 years experience
And I’m doing an Access course in Biology and Physics at the moment!
What about you?
Yeah I thought I’d defo apply for the foundation year just Incase because it’s made especially for dental nurses! X
I didn’t even know that was a thing haha, maybe next year for me then if I don’t get in! & dental nursing with 4 years and an access in health science fingers crossed, I’m doing volunteering as well to help, I’m desperate!! Well keep me updated and I will with you too and good luck xxx
L4ur41996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I didn’t even know that was a thing haha, maybe next year for me then if I don’t get in! & dental nursing with 4 years and an access in health science fingers crossed, I’m doing volunteering as well to help, I’m desperate!! Well keep me updated and I will with you too and good luck xxx
Oohh quite similar then!
Good luck! X
katherine340
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied to Oral Health Science, but I’m also a Dentistry applicant and haven’t heard anything back yet.
LI7790
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Does anyone know if all unis require you to go for an interview for DHDT or is it only some??
L4ur41996
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As far as I know it’s all of them
(Original post by LI7790)
Does anyone know if all unis require you to go for an interview for DHDT or is it only some??
Laurajaynesmith
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have an interview for Essex next month. Does anyone else?
LauraDurrant1998
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Me too 27th I think xxx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 18 Dec '19
  • The University of Law
    Open Day – GDL and LPC - Chester campus Postgraduate
    Sat, 4 Jan '20
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 6 Jan '20

Have you voted in today's general election?

Yes (176)
48.62%
No (44)
12.15%
I'm not old enough (142)
39.23%

Watched Threads