The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kay_152
That would be totally unfair

I know I agree, but what else do you think they’ll do at this point :/
Original post by HappyGal
I think educational authorities will have to give evidence based results taken from mocks/prelims and course work. Predicted grades are assigned by teacher who could have been emotionally pressured to up a grade. Exams are unbiased and that's what grades have to be.

What about resit students though? Like me, it’s unfair to give me the same grades, and you have no proof of how I’m working now.
Like you said though, a lot of private schools especially will just predict there students A’s for the sake of it, even if they’re working at a C/D grade within school... so for university places it won’t work because they’ll offer more places than they actually have because they know not all of them will get the grades in the end. It may be they base it off mock grades/how they’ve currently done in classes... but even with that come exam day people do a lot better or even worse (exams in class, people can easily cheat as they’re all out there) ...
So who knows really 🤷🏽*♀️
Upset for everyone who's been rejected- I know how it feels- this is my second year applying. It is just a very competitive field- doesn't mean you're not good enough. For unis to even consider your application shows you are a high quality candidate.. im still waiting on Leeds and Manchester so im trying to instill some hope into myself too.

As for school closures and no exams, 'predicted grades' was only an assumption made by many reporters because Boris Johnson hasn't been very clear today. Im sure things in the following weeks become clearer. Schools may even reopen.. who knows when this pandemic will be over. Maybe they will create online classrooms because remember children of 'key workers' will still be attending schools therefore there maybe another form of assessment via coursework who knows ..

With clearing, look out for the clearing date
You're given a clearing number on ucas
Call the unis individually
Have your grades on hand

Hope we all get in, and congratulations to those who already have a place. x
Original post by Imz.n
Will interviews still be taking place due to the corona virus getting worsw?

I’m assuming they won’t. X
Original post by Stresshead1
Upset for everyone who's been rejected- I know how it feels- this is my second year applying. It is just a very competitive field- doesn't mean you're not good enough. For unis to even consider your application shows you are a high quality candidate.. im still waiting on Leeds and Manchester so im trying to instill some hope into myself too.

As for school closures and no exams, 'predicted grades' was only an assumption made by many reporters because Boris Johnson hasn't been very clear today. Im sure things in the following weeks become clearer. Schools may even reopen.. who knows when this pandemic will be over. Maybe they will create online classrooms because remember children of 'key workers' will still be attending schools therefore there maybe another form of assessment via coursework who knows ..

With clearing, look out for the clearing date
You're given a clearing number on ucas
Call the unis individually
Have your grades on hand

Hope we all get in, and congratulations to those who already have a place. x

👏🏼
Original post by student.28
Thankyou for this! It seems there are lots of us in the same boat, they’re maybe just taking their time this year xx

I was told by a Dental nurse they interviewed in December and was offered then, yet that’s the only person I know this has happened too.
On the plus if you haven’t heard anything we are likely to be interviewed because all rejections where sent out back in January. 🤞🏻
Original post by Nraza
👏🏼Good advice

Good advice, I know many that have two offers and by the time offers come through that could be 4/4, you can only accept 1 so that’s 3 potentially places for 3 other applications.
Reply 1987
I’m due to have an interview at Plymouth next week but I don’t know if it will still take place. Has anyone who also has an interview heard anything?
Those of us waiting for offers back what do you think will happen in light of the new situation? Especially us A level students who won’t be getting grades? Do you reckon we’ll be rejected or accepted by default because they can’t really ask for conditional offers🥴
Just got this from Cardiff:

Dear MMI Interviewee
We are writing with an update in relation to your MMI earlier this month.
As a result of the Corona virus (COVID 19) and the knock on effect to universities, the decision of your MMI will be sent later than anticipated. We appreciate that this is an extremely anxious time for you and please be assured that a great deal of work is being put in place to ensure that you receive this information as soon as possible.
Please continue to keep a check on your UCAS track and emails regularly for information from the University and UCAS.
Best wishes.
Dental UG Admissions Team
I just got an offer from Liverpool! Over the moon as it’s my first one😭 xx
Reply 1991
I’ve had an email from Plymouth that dhdt interviews are cancelled till further notice! :frown:

:party: Congratulations! Some good news among all the confusion. Well done !

Amazing!!!! Congrats!!!! 🥳Has anyone else heard from Liverpool? I’ve not heard back yet x
Original post by EllieJacksonn
Just got this from Cardiff:

Dear MMI Interviewee
We are writing with an update in relation to your MMI earlier this month.
As a result of the Corona virus (COVID 19) and the knock on effect to universities, the decision of your MMI will be sent later than anticipated. We appreciate that this is an extremely anxious time for you and please be assured that a great deal of work is being put in place to ensure that you receive this information as soon as possible.
Please continue to keep a check on your UCAS track and emails regularly for information from the University and UCAS.
Best wishes.
Dental UG Admissions Team

I’ve had the same email x
Original post by Jessxo1010
Amazing!!!! Congrats!!!! 🥳Has anyone else heard from Liverpool? I’ve not heard back yet x

I haven’t heard back either😢 so scared x
Original post by HappyGal
:party: Congratulations! Some good news among all the confusion. Well done !

After a rejection yesterday, I wasn’t expecting it at all! Thank you so much Xxx
Original post by Anongirl168
I haven’t heard back either😢 so scared x

Don’t worry! I’m sure they’ll be going out the rest of today and tomorrow xx
Don’t worry! I’m sure they’ll be going out the rest of today and tomorrow xx

I hope so😩 it’s where I really want to go!
But congratulations on your offer !! 💕

Congratulations 🎊🎊🎊

Latest