Racist Abuse in Football Watch

Titch77
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
the abuse needs to stop against black players it is disgusting. Any1 who says otherwise us lowest of the low😡🤬🤬
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Titch77)
the abuse needs to stop against black players it is disgusting. Any1 who says otherwise us lowest of the low😡🤬🤬
Its disgusting, kick it out.

I dont think UEFA strategy works racism continued throughout the whole night.

I think individuals need to banned and then the legal system applied.
Organisations, a ban from competitive football, especially given the scale of what was seen tonight, where an organised group turned up solely to abuse players a strong statement must be made by EUFA tomorrow.
Titch77
Rep:
?
uefa dont give a monkeys lol excuse the pun
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
uefa dont give a monkeys lol excuse the pun
That is definitely the message they've sent in the past, this is why they must act and make a firm statement tomorrow that it will not be tolerated.

Whats also shocking is Bulgarias denial, their coach basically denied it in the press conference despite the video & audio evidence overwhelming.

It mars a great display by England, the boys have a lot to be proud of.
Titch77
Rep:
?
i heard the bulgeria coach said England got racism here. which it does
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i heard the bulgeria coach said England got racism here. which it does
No doubt, in the game their has been a culture of it and continues to be a problem.

I think from an Association standpoint in the last 12-24 months finally set the right standard, it does exist, it wont be tolerated any example should result in a ban and notify the relevant authorities.

'we' UK football can make no excuses for the instances in the UK, but this attitude is disgusting, every incident is shocking and the pictures tonight were awful wide-scale abuse, he should take some responsibility and apologise and work towards kicking it out, this attitude is part of the problem.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
Reflective of society.
Up to UEFA and FIFA to have appropriate sanctions.
4StarsOutOf5
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ban them from qualification. If they have no football to watch they’ll cut it out quickly
Better_Than_3rd
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
And the Nazi salutes. Bulgaria should be banned from the competition, not that it would change the outcome
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
God himself coloured us differently so we could distinguish between tribes. I am not racist but believe it exists for a reason.
Better_Than_3rd
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
God himself coloured us differently so we could distinguish between tribes. I am not racist but believe it exists for a reason.
It exists because of different climates and our need for Vitamin D. Closer to the equator where it’s hotter and brighter, darker skin is useful because it protects from the sun. Further from the equator, lighter skin is useful since you can get more Vitamin D with lighter skin (you produce less Vitamin D with the same coloured skin further from the equator due to less sunlight) and you don’t need to protect the skin from sunlight as much
JanusGodofDoors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Sickening behaviour by a few extremely unpleasant individuals that shows no respect for the incredibly talented players, their fellow fans, or any basic sense of human decency. A tougher strategy is needed to fight this kind of racism both in stadiums and in the sport as a whole.
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
for me, banning the team would be a mistake - you hurt the players who are not responsible for their fans.

Ban the fans instead.

Everytime a racist incident happens like last night - next match = stadium ban. No fans, no TV broadcast.
After 3 strikes, no fans + no TV coverage of games for the rest of the campaign.

Its the only way the fans will stop their actions.. (you won't change their minds though, but at least you will stop the abuse), without effecting the players.

Obviously the loosers in that arragement are the TV companies and the Stadiums/Local football authorities who loose their revenue - hence why I don't think FIFA or UEFA will do it.. but it would be my choice.
Titch77
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
but they think it ok even the GK said he thinks we over reacted 😡🤬🤬
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Better_Than_3rd)
It exists because of different climates and our need for Vitamin D. Closer to the equator where it’s hotter and brighter, darker skin is useful because it protects from the sun. Further from the equator, lighter skin is useful since you can get more Vitamin D with lighter skin (you produce less Vitamin D with the same coloured skin further from the equator due to less sunlight) and you don’t need to protect the skin from sunlight as much
Are you implying that people are living in the wrong countries?
Last edited by Vinny C; 3 weeks ago
Better_Than_3rd
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Are you implying that people are in the wrong countries?
No, I’m just saying that the genetic reason behind their skin colour is due to the origin of their ancestors. Lighter skinned people get suntan when I’m hotter climates in order to help protect the skin, and eating fish is another way you can gain vitamin D
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Better_Than_3rd)
No, I’m just saying that the genetic reason behind their skin colour is due to the origin of their ancestors. Lighter skinned people get suntan when I’m hotter climates in order to help protect the skin, and eating fish is another way you can gain vitamin D
Pleased to hear it... I still have great hopes for colonialism.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They just have no respect.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
We seem to be saying that it's ok for black guys to live here and make loads of money doing what they are good at, e.g., sport/music, etc. If however white guys go there and do what they are good at, organising, managing, farming, making profitable businesses... then there are cries of white invasion and colonialism. Farms and factories are burnt down and they are persecuted and forcefully driven out. Just making a point.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (161)
53.49%
18-20 years old (no) (35)
11.63%
20-25 years old (yes) (48)
15.95%
20-25 years old (no) (4)
1.33%
25-30 years old (yes) (20)
6.64%