The Student Room Group

Access to Higher education requirements

Hey, I'm 21 soon 22 looking to go to college/uni. The problem is I dropped out of high school so I don't have any gsces. Does anyone know if these "access to Higher education" courses require them too?
They seem ideal and I don't really wanna go through the hassle of doing my gcses as it seems limited in my area.
Access courses will usually have the option to take gcse maths and English alongside them.
Original post by Brandooon
Hey, I'm 21 soon 22 looking to go to college/uni. The problem is I dropped out of high school so I don't have any gsces. Does anyone know if these "access to Higher education" courses require them too?
They seem ideal and I don't really wanna go through the hassle of doing my gcses as it seems limited in my area.

Hi there @Brandooon

As @PQ says many Access courses will have an option to take GCSE Maths and English along side them, but not all (mine did, but the college I went to now doesn't offer this as an example of course contents/options changing). You should check with the colleges you're interested in studying at if they allow this. Another option to look at is GCSE equivalencies. You can google them for your local area, but always check the universities you're interested in applying for will accept them for the courses of your choice as this can vary.

I hope this helps!

Fi :horse:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending