Civil Service application help: how to answer 'Managing a Quality Service' question?

Watch
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi everyone

I have applied for an Executive Officer role with the Department for Work and Pensions. I have submitted the online application and now require to complete the second part of the application. For this section, I need to answer the 'managing a Quality Service' competency. I'm not sure what this entirely means and how to answer this.

This is what the section asks:

"Provide statements below describing your skills and experience relevant to each of the stated behaviours. We recommend that you structure your example as Situation, Task, Action and Result. Each answer should not exceed 250 words"

I know how to use the STAR technique, i'm just not sure what examples to use and I am a bit stuck.
I would be grateful if somebody could help me with this. The word limit is 250 words.
Last edited by 540; 5 months ago
Emmy76
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by 540)
Hi everyone

I have applied for an Executive Officer role with the Department for Work and Pensions. I have submitted the online application and now require to complete the second part of the application. For this section, I need to answer the 'managing a Quality Service' competency. I'm not sure what this entirely means and how to answer this.

This is what the section asks:

"Provide statements below describing your skills and experience relevant to each of the stated behaviours. We recommend that you structure your example as Situation, Task, Action and Result. Each answer should not exceed 250 words"

I know how to use the STAR technique, i'm just not sure what examples to use and I am a bit stuck.
I would be grateful if somebody could help me with this. The word limit is 250 words.
I have sent you a PM.
OnceUponAStudent
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
"Work with customers to understand their needs and expectations. Create clear plans and set priorities which meet the needs of both the customer and the business. Clearly explain to customers what can be done. Keep colleagues and stakeholders fully informed of plans, possibilities and progress. Identify common problems that affect service, report them and find possible solutions. Deliver good customer service which balances quality and cost effectiveness."

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ccess-profiles
Channel b
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi. Im also in the same situation as above, im applying internally and have to write a statement covering managing quality services. I just dont know which example to use or how to start. If anyone can help me i would really appreciate it. X
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (13)
72.22%
No (3)
16.67%
Not sure (2)
11.11%

Watched Threads