The Student Room Group

Guys, is this a red flag?

Is it a red flag if a girl lies to you about her work situation, i.e. makes out she works full time when really she does 1 or 2 days a week... this is mostly due to insecurity issues as she may feel she is not good/stable enough for relationships
I'd see it as quite an endearing lie.

I also wouldn't take anything she says of this nature too seriously. Not until she's established a track record with you of being open and honest in everything.

For everything she says I'd be thinking "Is she just saying that because she thinks it's what I want to hear?"
Which is OK to an extent. She's trying to impress you. Which is better than trying to push you away.

If you do discuss this with her, try to keep it as light-hearted and low key as possible. So that she learns that she can confess to her lies to you and not get in trouble.
Just talk to her about it. Light-hearted as the other user said. As you want her to know she doesn't need to lie to you
I'd be pretty concerned if my partner lied to me about that stuff... definite red flag...

if he is bothered by you working part time he will be bothered by you lying about it
depends, I know someone who lied about having a full time job and his only objective was to live off her wages. They were in a relationship for about 4 years and it got to the point where the girl had graduated became a lawyer, used the bf to improve her English and moved on. She expected him to eventually get a job but he didn't...

anyways what Im trying to say if she is lying about full time job, she either wants to work full time and is a hard worker/ struggling or is a gold digger. Yeah she might like you but she could want you to work full time in the future so she doesn't have to
I wouldn’t view it as a deal breaker, but I’d be wary. Everyone tells little lies though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending