technical issue with predicted grades ucas

Watch
Lillapingvin
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am an independent applicant. my referee got an email from UCAS stating that due to technical issues my predicted grades have been removed from my application. The email is asking her to resupply them by email as soon as possible. What does that mean and what did I screw up? Is the application deadline still applicable? Or can she send the email say a few hours after? This is very urgent please-please-please help!
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t they have to be submitted by your referee? The email to your referee should be self-explanatory about what needs to be done. What happened up until this point is immaterial.
Last edited by DrSocSciences; 1 year ago
Lillapingvin
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
Don’t they have to be submitted by your referee? The email to your referee should be self-explanatory about what needs to be done. What happened up until this point is immaterial.
the email said to resupply the predicted grades as soon as possible. Does that mean that it is okay to send the email after the okt 15 18:00 deadline? Will this hurt my chances? what does this even mean? do the universities i applied to see that this was a ,,technical issue" (what even is that?), or do they think that I have no predicted grades? in the latter case, can they just reject me straight away?
DrSocSciences
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lillapingvin)
the email said to resupply the predicted grades as soon as possible. Does that mean that it is okay to send the email after the okt 15 18:00 deadline? Will this hurt my chances? what does this even mean? do the universities i applied to see that this was a ,,technical issue" (what even is that?), or do they think that I have no predicted grades? in the latter case, can they just reject me straight away?
Focus on the immediately necessary action, and not the speculation.
Lillapingvin
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrSocSciences)
Focus on the immediately necessary action, and not the speculation.
okay, i am trying to, but this is all a bit out of my control, since only my referee can send my predicted grades, and she said she will do so tonight - that is a few hours after the deadline. So my most important, immediately necessary question is: do you think the deadline applies in this case? Note that my application is already sent. Thank you for your help, and sorry for venting.
DrSocSciences
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Only the deadline-imposer can give you/might give you the reassurance that you crave.
returnmigrant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If your UCAS application has already been submitted to UCAS then you have made the deadline.

Some applications accidentally or otherwise miss off their predicted grades or even their qualifications. This is not a deal-breaker. Either UCAS can add them for you (as in your case) or the Unis can request them from a referee if an application does come through without them.

Just ask your referee to comply with the email and all will be well.
It sounds like a UCAS IT glitch - sometimes it happens.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (30)
28.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (10)
9.52%
No I am happy with my choice (59)
56.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (6)
5.71%

Watched Threads