The Student Room Group

Should i do an EPQ?

I want to do architecture in the future and i do eng lit history drama and art alevel, so i’m already at a disadvantage as my maths and science are quite bad (4 in maths 3 in all science at gcse) however i’m planning on retaking maths and physics. Anyway, should i do an EPQ on architecture or maths or physics? would i look better to a uni with an architecture epq or the latter i’m not sure. Should i even do it in the first place or is there no point? please let me know as i really want to get into cambridge/ucl however they definitely prefer science/maths subjects which i can’t do
My EPQ didn't help me personally. It was just another thing to write on my personal statement. I didn't get any skills from it.
It will never hinder an application to have a good EPQ grade, but it won't save an application they wouldn't have otherwise accepted!
If you're not interested in doing one, I wouldn't advise it - but if you do it, I'd pick architecture if you're sure that's the field you want to go into. It won't be any use if it's not relevant, especially with top universities.

Quick Reply

Latest