The Student Room Group

Student ID

How come my ID expires at 2021 but my friend whos in the same class expires at 2024? Im doing a foundation degree in uni of man. And another friend of mine also has his ID expire at 2020. But most others expire at 2024, the actual date when the course finishes. Im scared this is like rigged or something and this is when I fail my exams :0
Original post by ibyghee
How come my ID expires at 2021 but my friend whos in the same class expires at 2024? Im doing a foundation degree in uni of man. And another friend of mine also has his ID expire at 2020. But most others expire at 2024, the actual date when the course finishes. Im scared this is like rigged or something and this is when I fail my exams :0

Foundation is usually a one year course so not too surprizing the ID is only set to run for that time to begin with. Perhaps your friend was initially registered on a different course before moving to the foundation. Most other people will be expected to remain for 3-4 years if they are on a BSc or MSci. It would be great to believe that there is a great conspiracy secretly manipulating your badge number, but most likely not, all the good conspirators are busy getting ready to fake the next moon landing :smile:.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr Wednesday
Foundation is usually a one year course so not too surprizing the ID is only set to run for that time to begin with. Perhaps your friend was initially registered on a different course before moving to the foundation. Most other people will be expected to remain for 3-4 years if they are on a BSc or MSci. It would be great to believe that there is a great conspiracy secretly manipulating your badge number, but most likely not, all the good conspirators are busy getting ready to fake the next moon landing :smile:.

My friend is the same as me, he applied just like me, In fact I was the one who applied for a different course without foundation year, while he just applied for the foundation. He is in my same class.
Original post by ibyghee
My friend is the same as me, he applied just like me, In fact I was the one who applied for a different course without foundation year, while he just applied for the foundation. He is in my same class.

I'd suggest best to check with your university. My student ID 'expired' a year before I was supposed to finish the course, it still worked and the university said this wasn't a problem (although it makes it awkward as shops do not believe that I am still a student when I want discounts). The expiring issue was a problem with my whole year by the way. Best of luck with your course, but i'm sure this shouldn't be an issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending