The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Do UCL accept GCSE Resits?

After looking at UCL's entry requirements for a Law degree I saw a minimum requirement of a Grade 6 in GCSE Maths.As I got a grade 5 I'm interested in resitting Maths as I know I could've done better if I actually revised.So is it worth my time resitting Maths or should I scrap the idea of applying to UCL?
Original post by One Guy
After looking at UCL's entry requirements for a Law degree I saw a minimum requirement of a Grade 6 in GCSE Maths.As I got a grade 5 I'm interested in resitting Maths as I know I could've done better if I actually revised.So is it worth my time resitting Maths or should I scrap the idea of applying to UCL?

Check what it says and that you dont need the 6 before you apply. In that case you would be too late for 2020 if you are y13. You could resit Nov and try to get them to wait as results are in Jan. They might go for that.
Speak to admissions. I cant think why you would need a 6 in maths though.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by One Guy

UCL and LSE both require Maths GCSE at grade 6 for their LLB - its not that you need it for the course but I guess it helps them to cut down the number of applicants.

It's up to you whether it's worth resitting GCSE Maths or whether you just apply elsewhere, as most unis don't have this requirement. But if you are going to resit, email Admissions first just to check that GCSE resits are acceptable to them

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending