Wearing an Ideal Dress for the First Day at Uni Watch

ashleyjacqueline
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I have been thinking a month and confused what kind of dressing should be at first day in my Uni. It always makes me confuse whenever I have to go in new place or meet new people. I am looking for some suggestion from you guys.
Sataris
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Wear whatever you want. That's what everyone else will be doing
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ashleyjacqueline)
I have been thinking a month and confused what kind of dressing should be at first day in my Uni. It always makes me confuse whenever I have to go in new place or meet new people. I am looking for some suggestion from you guys.
Wear something you will feel comfortable in. Not sure you want to be wearing a dress in autumn weather, unless you wear it with layers and tights. Don't feel you to have to wear or buy something special. Focus more on the experience of the first day.
mnot
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
whatever is comfortable.

most common is probably jeans, trainers, t-shirt & a jumper.

Some people wear trackies/activewear. Also some people go in shirts & chinos... doesn't matter no one cares.
Last edited by mnot; 4 weeks ago
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Unless you come in naked, no ones gonna notice what you wear.
Mr Wednesday
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
As long as it doesnt get caught in a machine tool / cause a fire hazard in the lab none of your lecturers will care. They will have seen _every_ possible style of student dress over the years. About the only time it matters will be for recruitment events by external companies, and if you have to go off site and interact with "real" people in a law or medicine degree.
Retired_Messiah
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
On the first day noone cares. Might be prudent to bring something for the first going out/house party/both if you're the type that likes getting dressed up for that kind of thing, but in terms of just moving into halls or whatever nobody is gonna put in much effort so you don't rlly need to either.
barror1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I am 30 seconds away from showing up to a lecture in a onesie. You do you!
Jang Gwangnam
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Whatever you want really; I wore my Nike AF1s with Jeans and a Supply&Demand shirt + a furry parka jacket + TNF hat (cuz I'm extra like that).

My decent attire didn't change the fact that I only made a 2-3 friends out of the 300 that I saw on the same module as me.
AW_1983
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
First day as in going to the Halls of Residence or first day in lectures?

Same difference anyway. Casual, very casual.
abi38
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
jeans nice trainers nice top and a nice jumper
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
i just wear a t-shirt, jeans and a hoodie. some people try to dress up more and there are some pretty eccentric outfits you see.
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Give it a month and you (and everyone else) will be wearing jogging bottoms and unkept hair to lectures 😂

I find it funny seeing freshers making such an effort during their first couple weeks then them slowly realising its too much effort to maintain.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
I wore a full suit to my first lecture.
IH8Studying
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah babes i’m gonna turn up with a wedding dress on ma first day
steamed-hams
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CTLeafez)
Give it a month and you (and everyone else) will be wearing jogging bottoms and unkept hair to lectures 😂

I find it funny seeing freshers making such an effort during their first couple weeks then them slowly realising its too much effort to maintain.
haha i study msc and it was the same
CTLeafez
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by steamed-hams)
haha i study msc and it was the same
Same here, what's your MSc in?
DrSocSciences
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just cut to the chase 🎓
RedGiant
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So you're planning what to wear in about 11 months from now?
steamed-hams
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by CTLeafez)
Same here, what's your MSc in?
comp sci
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (142)
18.83%
Labour (322)
42.71%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.44%
Brexit Party (21)
2.79%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)