Missing lectures and seminars/hate current univeristy Watch

Kai9229
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So currently in my 3rd week of uni (technically 4th of you count freshers) and I think I’ve missed more than half of my lectures/seminars.I’m doing all the readings and homework, just really do not have the motivation to leave my room.I’m not enjoying uni so far and it’s been kind of a disappointment tbh as I was expecting to make friends or at least people to go on a night out with but everyone in my accommodation/I’ve met is boring and they never do anything. I’ve never felt this bored in my life and it doesn’t help that it’s like an hour walk into the city centre (didn’t realise how on campus my uni was).Pretty much come up with the conclusion that I’ve picked the wrong uni as there’s literally no one similar to me here.Would it be worth switching uni to go to a bigger city? I really think this would benefit me but worried I won’t get on with anyone again.
Zu12345
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kai9229)
So currently in my 3rd week of uni (technically 4th of you count freshers) and I think I’ve missed more than half of my lectures/seminars.I’m doing all the readings and homework, just really do not have the motivation to leave my room.I’m not enjoying uni so far and it’s been kind of a disappointment tbh as I was expecting to make friends or at least people to go on a night out with but everyone in my accommodation/I’ve met is boring and they never do anything. I’ve never felt this bored in my life and it doesn’t help that it’s like an hour walk into the city centre (didn’t realise how on campus my uni was).Pretty much come up with the conclusion that I’ve picked the wrong uni as there’s literally no one similar to me here.Would it be worth switching uni to go to a bigger city? I really think this would benefit me but worried I won’t get on with anyone again.
It completely depends on where you go. Don’t just choose uni because of the motives because one uni could have great motives but terrible lecturers. I disliked Cov uni and switched to Westmin and do not regret it at all so switching uni can work. Just gotta think thoroughly about it. Look at the course outline and module content to see if it’s what you’re into. At the end of the day you’re not at uni for friends and uni friends can be temporal.
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Kai9229)
I also wish to now use your funda, that is if my demand that will reach the dean of our university soon is not followed, then I will try to bunk all classes and read books in the library of my university alongwith attending conferences based on my core subjects
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
There's no shame in realising this university isn't the right fit for you. You can always look to see if you could transfer (I know someone who did this early in first year) or take a year out and try somewhere new next year. You can try new things, new societies, talk to wellbeing etc to see if you can make things more enjoyable if you want, but if you think the fit isn't right, that's okay.

Take some time to think things through. If you were to go somewhere else, is there a uni you have in mind? Even if not, if you were to take a year off, what would you like to do?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
There's no shame in realising this university isn't the right fit for you. You can always look to see if you could transfer (I know someone who did this early in first year) or take a year out and try somewhere new next year. You can try new things, new societies, talk to wellbeing etc to see if you can make things more enjoyable if you want, but if you think the fit isn't right, that's okay.

Take some time to think things through. If you were to go somewhere else, is there a uni you have in mind? Even if not, if you were to take a year off, what would you like to do?
I have no shame in realising this university is the right fit for me for UG ,I also look to see if I can transfer for PG as I know many of my classmates here who did this late in first year,in this case taking a year out and trying somewhere new next year mayn't be a good idea for me as here only I'm trying some new things if not new societies ,still I am nowadays talking to wellbeing etc to see if I can make things more enjoyable if I want,I think the fit is right for me for UG but not for PG. I am taking some time to think things through,After completing UG,I have Biswa Bangla University in my mind for PG,in between these two courses I would like to take three years off to pursue my Senior Diploma course,Sangeet Visharad course and Sangeet Prabhakar course under a monk who teaches music, as I had done my Junior Diploma course in music under my music teacher at RBS.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 21 Nov '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices? (November update)

Yes I know where I'm applying (150)
71.09%
No I haven't decided yet (38)
18.01%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
10.9%

Watched Threads