This discussion is closed.
msss27
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am an IB student applying for Economics with management components and I wonder if my application is competitive enough to receive offers

I am applying to
Oxford University - Economics and Management
LSE - Economics
King's College - Economics and Management
Durham University - Economics with Management with Study Abroad
Warwick University - Economics and Industrial Organisation

My predicted grades are
7 - Mathematics HL
7 - Economics HL
7 - English A lang lit HL
6 - Geography HL
6 - Chemistry SL
6 - French A lit SL
overall points 39 + 3 = 42

I am seriously stressed that I will not receive an offer from any uni I applied to

Please help!!
I like bread
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey, I've applied for the first two on your list as well! You've chosen highly selective unis so there is chance of no offers but if you don't just use UCAS extra to add a lower choice if you don't get one of these you listed. If you do get into one of these it'll be awesome since they're all prestigious! Whether you do will depend on the quality of the rest of your application, not just your grades. You have a chance and UCAS extra as a backup option so don't stress!
msss27
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by I like bread)
Hey, I've applied for the first two on your list as well! You've chosen highly selective unis so there is chance of no offers but if you don't just use UCAS extra to add a lower choice if you don't get one of these you listed. If you do get into one of these it'll be awesome since they're all prestigious! Whether you do will depend on the quality of the rest of your application, not just your grades. You have a chance and UCAS extra as a backup option so don't stress!
Thank you!!
ksdot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by msss27)
I am an IB student applying for Economics with management components and I wonder if my application is competitive enough to receive offers

I am applying to
Oxford University - Economics and Management
LSE - Economics
King's College - Economics and Management
Durham University - Economics with Management with Study Abroad
Warwick University - Economics and Industrial Organisation

My predicted grades are
7 - Mathematics HL
7 - Economics HL
7 - English A lang lit HL
6 - Geography HL
6 - Chemistry SL
6 - French A lit SL
overall points 39 + 3 = 42

I am seriously stressed that I will not receive an offer from any uni I applied to

Please help!!
Hi! I'm thinking of applying to most of these universities too. I was wondering if you got any offers in the end then? And where you are now? Thank you!
msss27
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by ksdot)
Hi! I'm thinking of applying to most of these universities too. I was wondering if you got any offers in the end then? And where you are now? Thank you!
Hi!
I’m guessing you’ve already received some offers by now.
I personally had an incredibly complicated and long journey
Offers from
Warwick
Kings
Durham

I’m currently in a different Russell group uni, because of the May exams cancellation, but I don’t think there’s anything to regret.

Good luck and definitely let me know how it goes for you!
Last edited by msss27; 5 months ago
ksdot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by msss27)
Hi!
I’m guessing you’ve already received some offers by now.
I personally had an incredibly complicated and long journey
Offers from
Warwick
Kings
Durham

I’m currently in a different Russell group uni, because of the May exams cancellation, but I don’t think there’s anything to regret.

Good luck and definitely let me know how it goes for you!
Thanks for getting back to me! Those are all really good well done!! Hope you're having a great time at whatever Uni you're currently at!!

Thank you! I got offers from Kings, Warwick, Nottingham and Bristol. Unfortunately not LSE, but it wasn't a course my PS was completely structured for so I wasn't expecting it anyway! I'll be firming and insuring my offers soon
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (19)
9.13%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (126)
60.58%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
14.42%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (29)
13.94%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (4)
1.92%

Watched Threads