The Student Room Group

Is it weird we waited this long?

Me and my bf have told each other that we just knew from the moment we met that we'd end up being together forever. He's the first person I've seriously discussed marriage with and it's seriously headed that way.

However, we waited 4 months to say 'I love you' to one another. Is this weird, considering we knew each other's importance so early on?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Me and my bf have told each other that we just knew from the moment we met that we'd end up being together forever. He's the first person I've seriously discussed marriage with and it's seriously headed that way.

However, we waited 4 months to say 'I love you' to one another. Is this weird, considering we knew each other's importance so early on?

Lengths of time vary for everyone. And if it is working for you and your relationship is good then that's great. Don't worry/compare yourself to others :no:

Of course not. It takes time to get it out and have it out in the open. As my English Literature teacher might say, we can look at what happened to Romeo and Juliet when things went too fast. It would have been awkward if you felt forced to say it and neither of you were ready. Naturally the relationship has progressed to this level, just let it keep growing naturally and you will have a bright future with him. Best of luck!
No, it's not weird.
Why?!

Because time is inedible. You my friend I really hate to break it to you but you have been friend zoned. It will only be a matter of a few days before she tells you this. Have you kissed her or gone further if so, then I congratulate you but judging by your post, this isn't going to end well. Either you break it off with her now or get hurt later on. the choice is yours my friend?
Reply 5
4 months isn't long... just look at Brexit, yrs on and still arguing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending