The Student Room Group

Do a subject I’m interested in or one I’m less interested in but at a better uni?

Okay so i currently have an offer from a good uni (wont say which but its top 5) but for a course I’m not that interested in. I want to do law in the future and this uni would be better in terms of employability. However my worry is that I won’t do well in the subject, for example i could just end up getting a 2:2. This makes me think maybe its better for me to do a subject I love at a uni thats less good but that I’m more likely to do well in and get a 1st?

Opinions?
i think you should do what you enjoy
(edited 4 years ago)
The reason the other university is in top 5 isn't necessarily because it's harder but because they teach better and that is also why it's better for employability also, I think the top 5 also means that people tend to do well at that uni.
Also also, every uni teaches roughly the same thing because there are certain things they have to teach in order for your degree to be valid, therefore, I think once you get far enough into the degree it will be equally hard at both universities but one will provide you with more opportunities than the other. It's normal to feel out of depth but have a bit more confidence in yourself, if you meet their offer in your exams then you are capable of doing well with them. Don't miss out on opportunities due to doubt. So, I say as long as that's the only concern you have about university then go for it.
Good luck 🍀 🍀 🍀 regardless of what you decide.

Quick Reply

Latest