Crime in Cambridge? Watch

naivesincerity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Is it on the increase? Couldnt believe it t'other night. Two stabbings in one night, one on Mill Rd and one off Hills Rd before Gonville Place on the right, normally where I'd think was really safe. Then there was that drive by shooting in Fulbourn of all places. Can't believe it tbh.
steelmole
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Bloody hell, that doesn't sound too nice. I'm guessing this is just a blip though?
FadeToBlackout
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, some REAL news to go in the CEN for a change...
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
(Original post by steelmole)
Bloody hell, that doesn't sound too nice. I'm guessing this is just a blip though?
I hope so. :confused:
Robob
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Is it on the increase? Couldnt believe it t'other night. Two stabbings in one night, one on Mill Rd and one off Hills Rd before Gonville Place on the right, normally where I'd think was really safe. Then there was that drive by shooting in Fulbourn of all places. Can't believe it tbh.
I've been living in gonville place all year. I never thought me moving away would lead to an increase in crime rates.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
(Original post by Robob)
I've been living in gonville place all year. I never thought me moving away would lead to an increase in crime rates.
It was Harvey Road, you know it?

What I'd think of as one of the most unlikely criminal spots I could imagine
Supermerp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
What I'd think of as one of the most unlikely criminal spots I could imagine
Obviously it's not the same but I think the roads around Robinson, which is in a very nice area, even by Cambridge standards, gets quite a lot of car crime. My friend had her wheels stolen.

Last year (or maybe 2 years ago), a guy got beaten to death on Midsummer Common (at roughly this time of year - it was after Midsummer Fair) and some other stuff happened at about the same time, IIRC.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Cambridge
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 5 Jul '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise