Aguy12345
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am currently at sixth form but I hate it. I’ve applied for apprenticeships but have no been successful so far. My GCSEs are decent so what can I do to stay out of college?
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Aguy12345)
I am currently at sixth form but I hate it. I’ve applied for apprenticeships but have no been successful so far. My GCSEs are decent so what can I do to stay out of college?
Why are you hating the sixth form? Can it be fixed if you spoke to someone about it?

I think it’s worth you have a chat with your tutor to see if they can offer you any support - that’s what they are here for

If you’re certain on leaving that sixth form, you could always look at another one. Or go to a job centre and see what they can do to help.
thatcollegegirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aguy12345)
Hiya, what are you currently studying at college. I started college last September doing A Level Maths, history and politics. Come to October and I had been struggling with maths so much. Luckily after some troublesome conversations with the pupil support people someone finally managed to find something I could do. It had gone past the cut off point for course change so I had been faced with having to start a third a level in September and potentially take a 3rd year of college. I wouldnt have wanted to do that and was very happy with the change. But it was BTEC which I thought came with a lot of stigma but I am so much more happy with the 2 A Levels and a BTEC in applied law.
If things worked out for me, maybe they will for you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.16%
No (559)
65.84%

Watched Threads