Black Barbershops Watch

This discussion is closed.
TomTeeTom
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
As i intend to go to Oxford i am jus wondering. Are there any black Barbershops in the area?
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Afro ftw!
tweety_2479
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i doubt it there probably aint any black people there lol.....except fromu of course
King4eva
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hahaha im going to hull which is 4 hours away from london doubt there is going to be any black barbers there so im just going to grow an afro
King4eva
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Go to ucl or a blacker city lol
tweety_2479
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
like i moved to bloody birmingham and there isnt many black salon there thought there will be as its a multi cultural area but no
King4eva
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TomTeeTom)
As i intend to go to Oxford i am jus wondering. Are there any black Barbershops in the area?
people from sierra leone often have tuff hair
King4eva
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tweety_2479)
like i moved to bloody birmingham and there isnt many black salon there thought there will be as its a multi cultural area but no
lol when i went to see someone up in Birmingham they had black barber in the "ghetto" areas lol
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Boybetterknow2007)
lol when i went to see someone up in Birmingham they had black barber in the "ghetto" areas lol
lol they dont have black barbers in the CENTRE of bham. the thing about ghetto areas is very true
tweety_2479
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Boybetterknow2007)
where's the ghetto area ....hansworth...... i dont no all round bham to well.

i need to get my hair braided !!!!! damn birmingham i thought there'll be lots here
thedevilisback
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah theres this black barber shop in Oxford my cousin goes to as he used to study there. I've been there to get my hair cut once, its pretty good, but I've totally forgoten the name. Will find out for you tommorow though.
Valkyrja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Readings only a wee bit away from didcot parkway on the train if you're desperate? I'd imagine there'd be one there.....if all else fails....monthly trip to Lewisham?
tweety_2479
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trance addict)
lol they dont have black barbers in the CENTRE of bham. the thing about ghetto areas is very true
oh really ive only looked in the city centre do you no any decent salons in birmingham in general ???
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tweety_2479)
oh really ive only looked in the city centre do you no any decent salons in birmingham in general ???
lol i just seen your at birmingham uni and that area is sorta posh

uhm.. i can find out for you if you really want to know?
tweety_2479
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trance addict)
lol i just seen your at birmingham uni and that area is sorta posh

uhm.. i can find out for you if you really want to know?
yea that will be great thanks ive been looking for ages ..... i wont be living in a posh area nemore gonna move to *******ty oaks (selly oaks ) next year
marcusfox
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I went to a barbers in Leicester that seemed to be geared towards the ethnic population, went I went there was a bit of a queue, and I had to wait a bit, but I was the only white guy there, either before or after me. Rather pleased at the cut I got though.

Marcus
Derek_the_Sheep
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TomTeeTom)
There's a very good quartet, I think, in Summertown (where the livin' is easy). Admittedly three of them have to use prodigious quantities of shoe polish all over to look the part; but their version of "Ol' man river" is famous wherever vocal harmony is discussed ("An extraordinary rendition" - President Bush). Word has it they are looking to expand, so you may be in luck, especially if you're a dab hand on the banjo.

DtS
Hoofbeat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There's definitely some african barbershops down the Cowley Road before you get to Tesco's.
Lucien_Roach
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Afro-Carribean Hairdresser's will turn up more results than "black barbers"

Africare
(Original post by Hoofbeat)
There's definitely some african barbershops down the Cowley Road before you get to Tesco's.
Afrodite on Cowley Road

just use google
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Thu, 4 Jul '19
  • University of Oxford
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads