Met the offer! Watch

girlA
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi!!
This is a rather stupid question, considering that most of you should know this, but I am just so uncertain that this is true...

I applied to SOAS under the US standards. In February I received a conditional offer, stating that I need to obtain a score of 4 in my AP tests taken in 2008. Yet since then, I have only received a housing information letter. Today I got the test results having a 4 and a 5 (which is better than a 4). So does this mean that I am in SOAS? Am I supposed to do anything else? Do I just wait until they send me a confirmation letter? Will they send me anything else? I did put down a firm reply to my offer...

Sorry if I'm too paranoid. Thank you so much for putting it up with me. I just really need to be assured that what I do know is correct. I am dying to go to SOAS.
Thanks again.
Rei
Report 10 years ago
You love your curves?
foxmccloud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That should basically mean your place at SOAS is confirmed and you will be starting there at the time you applied for yes. I'm also starting there this year provided I get the grades and I have only received the accommodation letter also.
That should be everything on your part. If you put soas as ur firm choice you're basically obliged to go there anyway because you have fulfilled the requirements so you could email to ask but it should be fine. I dont know if they will send you anything else but don't worry about it.
foxmccloud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm in Taipei at the moment on holiday by the way! Its so hot lol
eMJaaay♥
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think you need to send them a copy of your results since UCAS only confirms GCE results, etc ... there are a variety of qualifications that UCAS gets and they automatically let the universities know and I know for A levels we don't need to do anything but you might need to send the originals or a copy of your results along with you're name, UCAS ID, etc ... it should all be on the UCAS site! And congrats! x
girlA
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
thanks for all your replies!! I lost track of this thread :p: not that familiar with TSR yet
but it's okay cuz as soon as I posted that my place has been confirmed!!

so no worries ^^Y

...and yes I do love my curves.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (68)
39.53%
No - but I will (6)
3.49%
No - I don't want to (10)
5.81%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (88)
51.16%

Watched Threads