...complete style change....ever tried it? Watch

sophietrophy
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
....have you ever had completely changed your style....what you wear...makeup...hair...dramatica lly just because you want a to be different from how you have been:eek: ...

...in the last couple of months i have....not to be fashionable...just things i fancy wearing...sometimes for a laugh...sometime because i want to....sometimes because i can! .....sometimes just to experiment with looks....

...this was so not me before...i used to wear really boring stuff, usually dictated by my mother...but i feel really great about it....its almost like finding a new confidence!.....makes me feel better about myself...

...has anyone found this? ... or am i just losing control..ha ha ha...:eek:
M'Lady
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have tried this once or twice, I tried to look a bit "rocker-chick" for a year or so when I met my boyfriend who was into all that sort of thing, but it didn't work, the style didn't suit me and I looked a mess and I missed wearing skirts and dresses, so now I wear dresses and skirts if I feel like it and my style is very much "girly", I'm still with my boyfriend so it can't have been just my image that attracted him to me. My style has developed and I have just sort of "grown into it" over the years.
Diamante
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I change my style every day...depending on my mood. When I'm feeling antisocial and down I go totally emo style with black jeans and red and black tops and dark makeup. Sometimes I like to wear sporty clothing....Hip hop look. When I'm feeling girly...skirts and dresses. I change all the time!
qgujxj39
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
I once wore matching socks. That was quite a biggie.
lincs_b
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like to wear different styles all the time. The problem is that I can't mix and match allot of my clothes.
sophietrophy
(Original post by tommmmmmmmmm)
I once wore matching socks. That was quite a biggie.
...sounds like my boyf....bless...
sophietrophy
....i know this is odd...and i don't get it myself....but i keep seeing some quite odd stuff and thinking ...yeh...i want to try that....even a bit goth has tempted me recently....:eek:
Joanna May
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not as in changing from one stereotype to a completely different one, no. But I recently had a lot of my hair cut off into a bob, and I'm gradually introducing more skirts and dresses into my wardrobe. So sort of an image change,.
minimo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, I did this when I lost weight. I went from living in drab Value tee shirts from M&S and oversized jeans from BHS to dressing girly with a hint of geek chic and sexy secretary thrown in.
Piglet_x
Report 10 years ago
I used to be emo! Haha it was awful looking back on it now, I am so ashamed and embarrassed I looked a right mess lol! But thankfully that little phase is over with!
Planto
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I cut my hair last year. It was shoulder length before that. Other than this, I've never really had a definite "style".
kookoo_koochoo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did when I gained some confidence in myself when I was 16, before that i used to wear boys clothes and baggy stuff, and I HATED the fact I had boobs and a figure as such so I just covered it up and tied my hair in to a tight bun all the time... then I joined a new 6th form where I was told to stop looking so "grungy" so I made an effort and started wearing skirts and dresses and things, I styled my hair and wore make up...and well I found my style. Which has only improved since then I'd like to think lol.
Ed.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not a dramatic change - but- every time I buy new clothes my style alters a little.
MarchOfMephisto
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My style changes from day to day (and especially between winter and summer). In winter I usually tend to wear black and be slightly gothic in look but in the summer I feel I should be wearing colour so I change a bit. I suppose my style has changed a bit recently as I have the confidence to wear what I want to wear, so I will wear gothic style corsets on a night out and things.
HairsprayQueen
Report 10 years ago
I used to be VERY punk goth in my style. over the years my style has changed I still wear some of the essential things but I wear more different things now I tend to experiment more.

I want to change my style a bit I love looking at people and what they wer and often I'm like "wow that's really cool" but I don't have the confidance to pull off more risque styles e.g. max dresses.(I want one, I'm tall I think I could do it but I'm scared to do it and very unsure about what suits)
millymoo90
Report 10 years ago
i used to be emo (to fit in) n then literally in the course of two days i was a typical liverpool chav haha :| orangeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :| but now ive cooled down n i feel more like me wearin smocks n 'uggs' etc x
bete noire
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah, sort of happened during college,
Jackathon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not really, but saying that I bought my first pair of skinny jeans at the weekend after never leaving my baggy jeans before... Interesting experience.
sophietrophy
....quite interesting some of you seem to have had quite dramatic changes....emo etc to skirts and dresses!

i have seen a few girls recently in goth style / emo style stuff and i actually thought it looked quite good...not everyones thing i know...maybe its becuase its a bit more edgy maybe - i just quite fancy it...:p:
chloecouture
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah i have changed a few times tbh, until i was about thirteen all i wore was combats, plain tops and timberlands with like this beanie hat thing i had in different colours, then i went kind of 'chavvy' wearing like tracksuits and stuff but i suppose i only wore them when i was out with my friends and then 'emo-ish' with the whole skinny jeans and h&m hoodies phase and then about a 2 yeart changed completely and i like to think that was when i found my style! Now i just kind of dress in like skinny jeans, heels, blouses, dresses, that kind of thing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.69%
No - but I will (82)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (511)
47.67%

Watched Threads