The Student Room Group

Ucas help please

Hi all, I am hoping to get some advice on how likely I am to receive an offer for geology and geography courses at my chosen university’s? My A level predictions are:

Geography A
Biology B
Chemistry C
Core Maths A

My GCSE’s:

Maths 7
English language 8
English Literature 7
Biology 8
Chemistry 8
Physics 7
Geography 8
French 4
Business A

I have chosen the following unis:

Nottingham - Environmental geoscience ABB

Birmingham - Geology and Physical Geography ABB

Southampton - Geology and Geography ABB

UEA - Geology and Geography BBB

Nottingham Trent - Physical Geography BBB

How likely am I to receive offers for all the offers? Many thanks to all.
Reply 1
With predicted grades of AABC you do meet the entry requirements for all your courses.
I cannot say for certain how likely it is to get offers from all, as that depends on other applicants too in the end, but you should be strongly considered at all your choices.
I hope this helps, sorry I can’t be any more specific.
Original post by G2001Y
With predicted grades of AABC you do meet the entry requirements for all your courses.
I cannot say for certain how likely it is to get offers from all, as that depends on other applicants too in the end, but you should be strongly considered at all your choices.
I hope this helps, sorry I can’t be any more specific.

Thanks but I only do 3 a levels which are ABC so I do not meet the entry requirements as core maths is an enhancement option. What is the likelihood of being made a offer if I am one grade below?
Reply 3
You still may be considered, particularly for UEA and Nottingham Trent as your A and C may be considered to ‘balance out’.
However, if it is possible, I would find a university that is below your predicted grades as a back up.
One possibility could be Physical Geography and Geology at Brighton, which asks for BBC, which you may be more likely to get an offer from, although as it is also done on the merit of other applicants, it is difficult to say for certain.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending