KatelynW-S7856
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Puddles the Monkey

I have no idea if I'm using this right but here goes.
Last edited by KatelynW-S7856; 1 year ago
HertsExRep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by KatelynW-S7856)
Puddles the Monkey

Hey KatelynW-S7856

Puddles can be quite busy sometimes, but I am sure you will hear back from her soon enough!

In the mean time, I'm Tom a student here at the University of Hertfordshire. Is there anything I can help you with? Be it questions about University applications, student finance, courses or student life at Hertfordshire (and a whole lot more), I'll try my best to help
KatelynW-S7856
Rep:
?
Oh, thank you for replying. I was wondering about the parking spaces. Is the car park reserved for staff members or can students bring their own vehicles? Also, are you able to submit your UCAS application early or will it be read at the end of the deadline with everyone who submitted it at a later date?
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Puddles the Monkey

Heya, were you wanting to set up a 2020 applicant thread...? I think one is coming soon so I'll tag you in once it's ready
KatelynW-S7856
Rep:
?
OK, thank you.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh, thank you for replying. I was wondering about the parking spaces. Is the car park reserved for staff members or can students bring their own vehicles? Also, are you able to submit your UCAS application early or will it be read at the end of the deadline with everyone who submitted it at a later date?
There is student parking (pay and display) at the multistory (forum) carpark on the College Lane campus, but it fills up very quickly and isn't reserved for students only. If you want to park in any other student carpark you would need a parking permit - you'd either have to be part-time student or have young children, caring responsibilities etc to qualify for one. If you live on campus, you can apply for a residents' permit.

There's a park and ride very nearby with a shuttle to both campuses. Most students use that, mainly because the parking on campus is so diabolical.
KatelynW-S7856
Rep:
?
I thought so, thanks for clearing that up for me.
HertsExRep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello KatelynW-S7856Parking depends on several factors:

1) If you are living on De Havilland Campus, you will not be able to bring your car to University (there is no student parking on this campus).
2) If you live on the College Lane Campus, you can apply for student parking permits (which cost £170). These permits are offered on a first-come first-serve basis and are usually reserved for students with extenuating circumstances (students with disabilities, or carers who require a car to travel).
3) If you commute, there are a range of parking options. There are some parking spaces for commuting students on campus. There is also a multi-storey car park on College Lane Campus. However, the best option is probably the Park & Ride. This means you don't have to drive through central Hatfield (which can get a bit congested during rush hour). The Park & Ride takes about 5 minutes to get from the car park to College Lane Campus and another 5 minutes to get to De Havilland. It costs £1 to use the Park & Ride per day. The car park is secure and regularly visited by our UH Security Team. The Park & Ride bus runs every 8 minutes between 07:00-22:00.

As for the UCAS application - submit it as soon as you feel it's ready. Offers are usually made before the UCAS deadline, but plenty are made after the deadline too. Generally the earlier the better, but don't rush it - application quality is quite important too. Leaving it until the deadline isn't advisable, but it shouldn't affect your chances too much, but be wary of this as different courses will fill up at different speeds. That may all sound a bit confusing, so to summarise - Earlier is certainly better, but if you leave it until the deadline it isn't the end of the world.

It's hard to say when exactly your application will get read. Could be the same week, could be in a couple of months time. It really depends on how busy the admissions team are and how many applications have been made to the course you are interested in.

I hope that helps, and best of luck with your application!
KatelynW-S7856
Rep:
?
Thank you! This clears up a lot of things
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (545)
33.89%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (663)
41.23%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (327)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (73)
4.54%

Watched Threads