izzychloe247
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So i was thinking of applying to 2 courses at the same place (UEA- meteorology & oceanography, and then geography) and my personal statement is fine for both courses, it’s just because this is a good backup uni where I like both courses and I can’t find a 5th uni id want to apply for with lower grade requirements. I’m just worried it’s a ‘wasted choice’. The only other place I’d think of going to is Brighton because they have a good course with similar requirements but it’s just so far away and expensive to live in, and I feel like there’s no point applying there if I can’t even be bothered to visit? But then what if I end up regretting my decision?
Em.-.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The uni will probably only make you at maximum one offer if both courses are in the same department and competition is fairly high. However if one is more competitive you will more likely be offered the other one, meaning it’s not really a wasted choice. In saying that if it’s the same team that read your personal statement for each it may imply you are not completely passionate about one course. It’s up to you honestly as unis tend to care more about academics than ps.
Breward
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My friend is only going to apply for 2 courses at the same university. Like you he wants to study meteorology, so he is applying for BSc Meteorology and MMet Meteorology with a year in Oklahoma both at Reading University. At the open day he was told that everyone will be given an offer for the BSc but the MMet is very selective and only 10 places will be offered from all applicants after interviews.
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Breward)
My friend is only going to apply for 2 courses at the same university. Like you he wants to study meteorology, so he is applying for BSc Meteorology and MMet Meteorology with a year in Oklahoma both at Reading University. At the open day he was told that everyone will be given an offer for the BSc but the MMet is very selective and only 10 places will be offered from all applicants after interviews.
Hi there,

Great to hear that he is thinking of applying to the University of Reading! Whilst I can’t speak for other institutions, if anyone was unsure about applying to two different courses at Reading, they could contact our friendly admissions team on 0118 378 8372 and they will be able to assist further.

Best of luck to you all!

Ella
Final year Primary Education student and student ambassador 😊
University of East Anglia
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi izzychloe247,

It is great to hear that you are considering applying to UEA!

Generally, universities will almost definitely allow you to switch from one course you've been accepted on to another if
-the two courses are very similar
-the two courses are within the same faculty
-the two courses have the same/similar entry requirements
-you request to change very early on in the first semester of first year

Universities also might let you change between two completely different courses. However, in both scenarios, this is not guaranteed. It may be worth emailing our Admissions Team at [email protected] and asking them for more information.

It is worth weighing up your options and considering whether you value making use of five separate university choices, or whether there isn't really any other universities that you're that fussed about, and you'd rather apply twice for UEA just to be on the safe side.

I hope this has helped a bit! Please ask us here if you have any further questions.

Emilie - Official UEA TSR Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (84)
26.33%
England (108)
33.86%
Belgium (27)
8.46%
Germany (38)
11.91%
Spain (5)
1.57%