Help bad sunburn and prom tonight :( Watch

amyettothinkofname
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi I got quite badly burnt yesterday (despire being careful grrrrrrr) and my prom is tonight. I have strap marks and my dress is strapless :eek: please someone advise me what to do! Currently i am using a tonne of aftersun as often as possible and am considering some heavy duty foundation to put on my shoulders and back but am worried this will come off and ruin my dress . Thanks
Prudy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Keep with the aftersun, but there isn't much you can do about the redness except for cover it up. Perhpas find a shawl?
MarchOfMephisto
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wear a bolero/shawl? It's about the only thing you can do unless you manage to cover it with makeup (but that would probably need to be extremelly thick and would rub off during the night). The sunburn won't disappear by tonight.

Have fun anyway
Jinxy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Either use a shawl, or dust some face powder on it so that it covers it up but won't rub off like foundation.

If that fails then if it was anything like my prom, remember you'll be inside a lot of the time with a disco and it will be dark so it will not be noticeable. Until then keep putting aftersun on and [obviously] keep out of then sun. =]
Becky_90
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dno what else to suggest but the same happened to my mate last week.
She was bothered about covering it, but in the end didnt bother. Just laughed it off and pretty much everyone else did the same.

Chances are you'll be inside and it'll be dark.
Have a great night
*dancing*shoes*
Report 10 years ago
Run out now and buy 2 things:
Natural Youghurt
Boots Even Tone Concealer Stick

Natural youghurt!!!!!!!!!!! its a much better cooler than aftersun! Trust me!!-i burnt like toast and it works a treat. Run out and get some and keep applying it for as long as you can before 2nite. Also, anything cold on it, frozen peas etc to take the heat out of the burn.

Then if by 2nite its not gone down a reasonable amount then you need to get some of the Boots concealer thing. Its a greenish colour in like a lipstick tube and it evens out skin tone and removes redness! ta da! then over the top apply a little bit of loose powder and then it shudnt ruin ur dress either. also depends what colour your dress is?
Albannach
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I doubt it will help by tonight, but if you can get your hands on an aloe vera plant...

It stinks, but cut it open and thickly spread it on the burns, should take the colour out, but it might also peel. Maybe just go with the other suggestions...
mollymustard
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The only thing you can really do is remove the heat with ice, aftersun etc and then use a bit of foundation to even things up.
I know its not ideal, but it shouldn't ruin your dress too much, especially if you focus your make up on the upper shoulders.

Don't worry too much, I doubt anyone will notice. My prom was last week and lots of people had strapless dresses with strap marks, as they can be quite impossible to avoid!

I hope you have a lovely night
cookiemonster101
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wrap yourself in wet towels. It works.
mac1988
Report 10 years ago
Sudocrem! Whack on a thick layer, leave it for a few hours then have a cool shower. It'll both cool down your skin and tone down the colour (plus its the best thing for sunburn).
Good luck!
*dancing*shoes*
Report 10 years ago
http://www.boots.com/brandtreatment/...tionid=1037318
mac1988
Report 10 years ago
I'd be careful putting makeup on sunburn - might it just irritate the skin?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.86%
No - but I will (100)
7.59%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.72%

Watched Threads