Human Computer Interaction....who had taken it? Watch

newman24x
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Who had taken it? Don't you find it boooring...
Psyk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I did a module on it in my second year. I did find it quite boring really. Bit too much of a 'soft' subject for me.
-Em-
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Boring or not, it's one of the most fundamental aspects of Software Engineering as far as end user applications are concerned. Doesn't really fit in with the analytical, scientific side of things though, I agree.

If you want to differentiate yourself from other engineers, particularly if you plan on doing freelance development and selling direct to the customer, you could do worse than to get a good understanding of what users need - the vast majority of software out there is appalling from a HCI perspective.
newman24x
Rep:
?
(Original post by -Em-)
it's one of the most fundamental aspects of Software Engineering a

i agree with you there, but the lecturer who thought me HCI didn't think so. He claims that HCI covers SE (where i stated to him earlier that HCI is just a small part of SE :cool: )

but still HCI for the most part deals with psychology, some management, some stats ( surveys and all ) and system design...hurm...
ParadoxSocks
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I loved HCI but I think it helped that my tutor had a major love of it too. I loved the psychology side of it so much that I'm mixing Computer Science with Psychology come this September

Did you guys have you design hardware device? We had to design a phone and its software and when I printed out my phone designs I realised it was, in fact, 20 metres long.
newman24x
Rep:
?
he did show us how to build an ATM system for the blind. That was interesting. But no proper project since we were short of time...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.61%
No - but I will (4)
3.42%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.27%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (64)
54.7%

Watched Threads