The Student Room Group

history coursework

err I'm sturggling with my history coursework structure. my question is: To what extent did the United States force Japan to attack Pearl Harbor and why? I'm not quite sure about the question as well. is there a better angle I can take when doing pearl harbour?thankyou!!!
Original post by rofiat
err I'm sturggling with my history coursework structure. my question is: To what extent did the United States force Japan to attack Pearl Harbor and why? I'm not quite sure about the question as well. is there a better angle I can take when doing pearl harbour?thankyou!!!

Which bits of the question are you having difficulty with?
What research have you done so far.

To be basic have you made a list of factors where America influenced Japan to attack?
Make another list of other factors which were nothing to do with the actions of the US, but contributed to Japan attacking.
Then you are writing an essay looking at those two arguments, weighing them up and deciding to what extent the US made Japan attack them.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Which bits of the question are you having difficulty with?
What research have you done so far.

To be basic have you made a list of factors where America influenced Japan to attack?
Make another list of other factors which were nothing to do with the actions of the US, but contributed to Japan attacking.
Then you are writing an essay looking at those two arguments, weighing them up and deciding to what extent the US made Japan attack them.

I haven't really made them factors cause I was more stressed about finding sources.. :/ @999tigger
Original post by rofiat
I haven't really made them factors cause I was more stressed about finding sources.. :/ @999tigger

If you have lots of money you could visit the Yushukan in Tokyo. 😀
Original post by rofiat

Do you have lessons at your school? What did your teacher say on the topic?
Do you get given a textbook on your course?
Have you tried using the internet and maybe google?
Why not read some articles about the years leading up to the attack?
Why are you stressed?
How many articles have you read so far? Any?
Reply 5
Do you have lessons at your school? What did your teacher say on the topic?
Do you get given a textbook on your course?
Have you tried using the internet and maybe google?
Why not read some articles about the years leading up to the attack?
Why are you stressed?
How many articles have you read so far? Any?

I have lessons but the teacher style is quite bad, they leave us to do most of the stuff. I've read many books and attempted pulling out sources but I haven't really got anywhere. I can't actually find any articles which is bad. im stressed cause he made us do it in class and I got a U.
Reply 6
Original post by ageshallnot
If you have lots of money you could visit the Yushukan in Tokyo.

would that help?
Original post by rofiat
I have lessons but the teacher style is quite bad, they leave us to do most of the stuff. I've read many books and attempted pulling out sources but I haven't really got anywhere. I can't actually find any articles which is bad. im stressed cause he made us do it in class and I got a U.

you struggle watch youtube documentaries, there are loads and that can give you an idea of what you need. You just need to use some common sense and read about what motivated Japan to go to war and look at the years 1935- 1941/ What happened and why.
What was US thinking at the time? What was motivating countries and why did Japan decide to attack. Any decent textbook will tell you.

Just ask common sense questions to find out what both sides were thinking at the time.
You can do it off the internet if you have to you just need to use google.
Original post by rofiat
would that help?

Only in that the museum is insistent that Japan was not at fault at all. Ever. For anything. Even those pesky conflicts in China weren't wars but "incidents".
Reply 9
Thank you very much!
you struggle watch youtube documentaries, there are loads and that can give you an idea of what you need. You just need to use some common sense and read about what motivated Japan to go to war and look at the years 1935- 1941/ What happened and why.
What was US thinking at the time? What was motivating countries and why did Japan decide to attack. Any decent textbook will tell you.

Just ask common sense questions to find out what both sides were thinking at the time.
You can do it off the internet if you have to you just need to use google
Original post by rofiat
Thank you very much!

I had a quick google and all the documents/ articles are there talking about the events that led up to pearly harbour, what motivated japan and what the US were doing. I find it hard to understand how you can avoid finding such relevant articles.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending