Got a job but 2 far Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
hello there after searching for a job for ages i found a warehouse job for the job for 2 months just before i start my final year of degree but its 25 miles away, i think its ok but my parents are not being supportive is it too far away, does any1 else have a job as far?
tinkerbellejess
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you drive? If so then it's probably not a problem, you'd have to weight up whether the commute is worth it. I travel about that far into work each day and petrol can work out to be pretty expensive these days.
Steeps
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
H&R seems an odd place for this, but I think that 25 miles is too far for any job unless it's career boosting stuff or a very good wage. Depending on the roads that could be up to 50 minutes - 1hr extra each way on top of your working day, so you're spending 2 needless hours just travelling and paying because of it.

As I don't know much about your living conditions (location etc) and past employment it's a bit hard to offer any further advice.
jenren22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I work 21 miles away, but then again i get to use my mums car for free.
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
25 miles is nothing depending on commuting links (buses, trains, light rail).

It entirely depends on your infratrstucture
BibbleJW
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My jobs are currently 15 and 20 miles away, and it's not that much of a stretch, the petrol prices are becoming a bit of a pain, but I knew a girl who had to travel for an hour and a half each way for the same job!

As long as you are prepared to do the travelling, I don't see any reason that it should be a problem.

What I tend to do is keep a track of the mileage of my car, and how much money it eats, and try and work out how much the journey is costing me, in relation to the amount I am earning.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads