Why am I put off sex Watch

StressedLemon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I've been with my partner for 4 years, now engaged. I'm 21 years old and he's 27. I love him more than I can say but I suffer badly with acute anxiety, paranoia and depression. Due to Endometriosis I suffer with painful sex and since this first started to happen I've been slowly more and more been put of sex. Penitrational (I can't spell) sex, but I like orgasming through clitoris stimulation. Worried my dear of being hurt has completely out of me off. We still have sex like once maybe twice a month but worry this isn't normal (comparing myself to others, ei friends) and I think my paranoia has completely taken over. I don't know what to do, I love him, happy with him, attracted to him but I can't seem to ewant sex ..once we get going it's amazing and I love it but I can't get that initial motivation. I don't have motivation for a lot of things but sex is really playing on my mind, and I'm worried that I've over stressed about it which is causing a lot of doubtsz confusing and anger. I'm sorry this is badly written I can't see what I'm typing. Please help ...!!
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dunnig Kruger Help her!
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wish I could!

This is very much one for the medical and mental healthcare professionals that are treating StressedLemon. For the Endometriosis and the anxiety and depression.
hunzbunz123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey hun, don't worry !!! What you are experiencing is Normal for someone with anxiety, paranoia and depression. It sounds like you are scared of hurting during sex, or possibly doing something wrong, and that is a common symptom of all of these, and why you are 'putting it off' or lacking the initial motivation. Whilst the average couple has sex 112 times a year (so like 1-2 times a week), if someone truly loves you, appreciates you and respects you, they won't judge you or think any less of you as a result. I strongly advise you to discuss with your partner your concerns, and confide in them your performance anxiety. I once had a boyfriend with performance anxiety, and I loved him just the same. Also, certain medications and foods can either hinder or enhance your sexual desire and/or performance. I recommend watching the teen TV show Sex Education - it's hilarious whilst simultaneously educational, especially in this area. Possibly even go to your GP to discuss how you could enjoy sex more with your Endometriosis. If too afraid, you could research gels (lube) or other things that could make the experience less painful. Foreplay works well for less painful sex, as well, whilst boosting your connection with your partner. Based off what you have said, perhaps for now until you figure out more, maybe do 69? Or take turns. It'll be more personal, and both of you get something out of it.
Analyst89
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by StressedLemon)
I've been with my partner for 4 years, now engaged. I'm 21 years old and he's 27. I love him more than I can say but I suffer badly with acute anxiety, paranoia and depression. Due to Endometriosis I suffer with painful sex and since this first started to happen I've been slowly more and more been put of sex. Penitrational (I can't spell) sex, but I like orgasming through clitoris stimulation. Worried my dear of being hurt has completely out of me off. We still have sex like once maybe twice a month but worry this isn't normal (comparing myself to others, ei friends) and I think my paranoia has completely taken over. I don't know what to do, I love him, happy with him, attracted to him but I can't seem to ewant sex ..once we get going it's amazing and I love it but I can't get that initial motivation. I don't have motivation for a lot of things but sex is really playing on my mind, and I'm worried that I've over stressed about it which is causing a lot of doubtsz confusing and anger. I'm sorry this is badly written I can't see what I'm typing. Please help ...!!
You should see a GP regarding your anxiety, paranoia and depression.

You can talk to the samaritans on 116 123 or mind https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Anne Widdecombe... she puts me off sex instantly.
StressedLemon
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Analyst89)
You should see a GP regarding your anxiety, paranoia and depression.

You can talk to the samaritans on 116 123 or mind https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/helplines/
I have, currently have a psychiatrist...but there ******* useless, our mental health services are ****.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (48)
18.82%
Labour (105)
41.18%
Liberal Democrats (52)
20.39%
Green Party (15)
5.88%
Brexit Party (7)
2.75%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)