i<3history
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I want to study LLB Law in September 2020. I also want to stay in London so I've been looking at KCL, UCL and LSE. These all require the LNAT though and I want to apply to at least 2 that don't.
Is me only applying to 2 non-LNAT unis relying too much on the hope that I do well in the LNAT? How many LNAT unis are practical to apply to?
I'm predicted A*AA (trying relentless to bump this up to A*A*A), which is the entry requirements for London unis. Just don't know if applying to 3 LNAT unis is putting too much confidence in me doing well ;(
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Nahh 2 is fine it’s good that you’re ambiguous but having 2 safer options is good and I would’ve chose 2 if I did the lnat incase I did bad. If you want to apply for lnat unis then go for it. Good luckkk
axlok80383
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by i<3history)
I want to study LLB Law in September 2020. I also want to stay in London so I've been looking at KCL, UCL and LSE. These all require the LNAT though and I want to apply to at least 2 that don't.
Is me only applying to 2 non-LNAT unis relying too much on the hope that I do well in the LNAT? How many LNAT unis are practical to apply to?
I'm predicted A*AA (trying relentless to bump this up to A*A*A), which is the entry requirements for London unis. Just don't know if applying to 3 LNAT unis is putting too much confidence in me doing well ;(
what were ur gcses
i<3history
Rep:
?
(Original post by axlok80383)
what were ur gcses
88888777AA6
I got 8 in history and 7 in English, which are the closest subjects to law, although I suppose that doesn't really matter at GCSE
Euphoria101
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Three imo. But it depends which ones.
i<3history
Rep:
?
(Original post by dyingstudent101)
Three imo. But it depends which ones.
I was thinking KCL, UCL and LSE. But I’m a home student and I heard that LSE prioritises international students so I don’t know if it’s worth It.
my_man_123
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Lol, I applied for 5 LNAT Unis and mine is tomorrow, a mistake perhaps, but let's hope I do well and get some offers.

They are-
Oxford
LSE
UCL
KCL
Nottingham

So 3 of your LNAT Unis you are considering I am applying to-

KCL- Only considers the multiple choice section
LSE- We are not sure since it has only used LNAT for two years, but I do not believe it considers the essay and says the MCQ mark goes in holistically and does not mean you will be removed for a bad score instantly
UCL- Essay is slightly more important than MCQ

I would suggest replacing one of the choices with Nottingham since it is LNAT but usually offers for around 22/42 and should be okay for you, Warwick is a non-LNAT choice that is quite good.
J Papi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
4 is fine.
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by my_man_123)
KCL- Only considers the multiple choice section
LSE- We are not sure since it has only used LNAT for two years, but I do not believe it considers the essay and says the MCQ mark goes in holistically
LSE don't consider the essay

On their webite they say

"At present, we will only use the multiple-choice score in the assessment of applicants; the essay will not be considered.

There is no set minimum score in the multiple-choice section that applicants are expected to achieve in order to be successful, instead the score may be used to help distinguish between similarly qualified applicants.The multiple choice score will form part of our holistic assessment of applicants and will be used alongside all other information on the UCAS form, including academic record, contextual information, the reference and personal statement."
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • University of Roehampton
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19
  • Swansea University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (48)
18.82%
Labour (105)
41.18%
Liberal Democrats (52)
20.39%
Green Party (15)
5.88%
Brexit Party (7)
2.75%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.57%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.96%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)
0%
UKIP (2)
0.78%
Other (2)
0.78%
None (15)
5.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise