i will be fined and i don't know how to stop this. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
i've recently been informed that because i'm not registered to vote i will be fined. however i have registered to vote but i haven't received my NI yet so that has been left blank. i should've sorted it out when i was 16 now i'm 17 and applying to uni soon so of course it is necessary but i am introverted and i'm terrified to talk to people on the phone. i got the courage to contact helplines to sort it out when i realized i would be fined but i was redirected to the same numbers i already contacted. the same thing happened with my sister but when she called them they sent it to her so i don't understand what i said wrong.

i am concerned that i will now have to pay a large amount of money when firstly i am unemployed and in full time education and secondly i've done nothing wrong. this whole situation is making me extremely stressed and i just want to focus on school and not on the fact that my working parent might need to pay up to £1k. what happens if i call back and when they finally give me an appointment i end up getting fined regardless? i'm really scared.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
i've recently been informed that because i'm not registered to vote i will be fined. however i have registered to vote but i haven't received my NI yet so that has been left blank. i should've sorted it out when i was 16 now i'm 17 and applying to uni soon so of course it is necessary but i am introverted and i'm terrified to talk to people on the phone. i got the courage to contact helplines to sort it out when i realized i would be fined but i was redirected to the same numbers i already contacted. the same thing happened with my sister but when she called them they sent it to her so i don't understand what i said wrong.

i am concerned that i will now have to pay a large amount of money when firstly i am unemployed and in full time education and secondly i've done nothing wrong. this whole situation is making me extremely stressed and i just want to focus on school and not on the fact that my working parent might need to pay up to £1k. what happens if i call back and when they finally give me an appointment i end up getting fined regardless? i'm really scared.
Dont worry just contact the council or the electoral register and tell them you are waiting for your NI number.
Email the same as well.
Ask them to stop sending threatening letters as they are scaring you and you cant get your NI number until they give it you.
Tell them you are still at school and cant even vote and you find their behaviour just like other bullies at school.

Seriously dont worry, just fill in the form when you can. Everyone gets such letters if they arent on the electoral roll and its not personal. You wont be fined.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
Dont worry just contact the council or the electoral register and tell them you are waiting for your NI number.
Email the same as well.
Ask them to stop sending threatening letters as they are scaring you and you cant get your NI number until they give it you.
Tell them you are still at school and cant even vote and you find their behaviour just like other bullies at school.

Seriously dont worry, just fill in the form when you can. Everyone gets such letters if they arent on the electoral roll and its not personal. You wont be fined.
okay thank you. I will email them and see.
haha yes that's really funny I might say that with a serious face and see the response that I get.

my best friend told me the same thing - that they sent these letters to everyone - but they have knocked on my door multiple times this week and demand to know why i haven't registered yet. I am trying not to stress I know you are right I just don't want to pay.
999tigger
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
okay thank you. I will email them and see.
haha yes that's really funny I might say that with a serious face and see the response that I get.

my best friend told me the same thing - that they sent these letters to everyone - but they have knocked on my door multiple times this week and demand to know why i haven't registered yet. I am trying not to stress I know you are right I just don't want to pay.
Its not to fine you its to make sure you are registered to vote.

Nothing to worry about really.
StriderHort
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Pfft, I get like 9 of these every year, plus another 2 or 3 telling me to do nothing followed by a few voting cards
HoldThisL
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Pfft, I get like 9 of these every year, plus another 2 or 3 telling me to do nothing followed by a few voting cards
that's the spirit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (85)
13.26%
1 (86)
13.42%
2 (83)
12.95%
19.34%
22.15%
18.88%

Watched Threads