Anonymous1348
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Can you still get an A-A* in Chemistry without doing A Level Maths?
avacados1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Defo, just make sure ur math basics in chemistry are strong so just the normal mole calculations, titrations etc. And during the course u will come across some concepts that a level maths would have helped u understood more like logarithms in acids and bases but it’s not that difficult to grasp. So just make sure mole calculations, yields, atom economies, titrations are strong and u will do great. I think it’s really just about having a strong foundation and u will just get better at it throughout the course.
Anonymous1348
Rep:
?
(Original post by avacados1)
Defo, just make sure ur math basics in chemistry are strong so just the normal mole calculations, titrations etc. And during the course u will come across some concepts that a level maths would have helped u understood more like logarithms in acids and bases but it’s not that difficult to grasp. So just make sure mole calculations, yields, atom economies, titrations are strong and u will do great. I think it’s really just about having a strong foundation and u will just get better at it throughout the course.
Thank you! I feel like I find the calculations doable as I was able to do GCSE Maths but I just didn't have an interest enough to do it for A Level, so hopefully I can still manage it throughout the rest of the year.
username4339332
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous1348)
Thank you! I feel like I find the calculations doable as I was able to do GCSE Maths but I just didn't have an interest enough to do it for A Level, so hopefully I can still manage it throughout the rest of the year.
Mate the Maths needed for A level Chemistry is probably equal to grade 5 as most of it is just plugging numbers into formulas and converting units. . Besides, even if you're terrible at Maths you have 2 years to learn how to do it.
Anonymous1348
Rep:
?
(Original post by Huckipity)
Mate the Maths needed for A level Chemistry is probably equal to grade 5 as most of it is just plugging numbers into formulas and converting units. . Besides, even if you're terrible at Maths you have 2 years to learn how to do it.
I was thinking why people said it was extremely hard because so far we've been using formulas only but everyone has different abilities so it's understandable that we all find different things difficult.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (97)
28.36%
No - I have already returned home (44)
12.87%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (65)
19.01%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (35)
10.23%
No - I live at home during term anyway (101)
29.53%

Watched Threads