Anyone know why my eyesight got worse in one year? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So in February 2018 I got glasses and was somewhere along the lines of -0.50 and -0.75 and then I went back in April this year and now I’m -1.25 and -2.00 respectively. I was told in 2018 that I didn’t need to wear my glasses all the time, only for reading long distance (looking at the whiteboard) and I asked my optician this year whether not wearing them made it worse and she sad it’s unlikely. She was surprised at how much they’d worsened over a year. Any ideas why this is? Was it because I was going through puberty (I was 15/16 at the time) ?
Anonymous #2
Report 4 weeks ago
its genetics and a bit of environmental as well
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
its genetics and a bit of environmental as well
Ah, yeah my dad had very poor vision until he had laser eye surgery. Great thanks dad! :/
Kathy89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Don't worry that much, your change is normal. There are quiet a lot of methods of myopia control now. There are lenses (both eyeglasses and contacts) designed to reduce the myopia progression. You can speak to your optometrist about it.

Not wearing glasses all the time can actually be beneficial, you may notice that without glasses you see better than others with your prescription.

Don't worry, your eyes are not bad at all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (46)
18.47%
Labour (103)
41.37%
Liberal Democrats (50)
20.08%
Green Party (15)
6.02%
Brexit Party (7)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (4)
1.61%
Plaid Cymru (5)
2.01%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)