How do I cancel my Uni applications? Watch

pitchy08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ok I've being accepted for all 5 unis on UCAS, put one as firm and one as insurance quite a while back.

I've now got a job for gap year and want to cancel these applications, possibly applying to different Unis next year?

How is the best way to cancel everything in 1 go and simply reapply as a brand new student next year?

Can I just do it through UCAS or will the Unis need to know directly (I think I'll drop them a line anyway out of respect)

Thanks for reading
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do it through UCAS, and like you say drop them a line out of respect.
Sooz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Try ringing up the unis and ask them to make your offer a deferred offer instead.
Garden_Gnome
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You can easily withdraw. After results day you'll be asked to confirm your place on your firm/insurance. Just tick the box telling them you don't want to go and, there you go, you've withdrawn. It's quite simple.

You may be able to do it now but I'd advise you to wait until August just incase you change your mind.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEA… Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (551)
37.84%
No - but I will (114)
7.83%
No - I don't want to (102)
7.01%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (689)
47.32%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise