I hate football now but do continue for my Dad. Watch

Anonymoususer36
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Quick backstory. I've played football 3 or 4 times a week since the age of 7 for 2 or 3 clubs.
I've hated football for 3 or 4 years now and have grown sick of the constant stress and commitment I've put towards it. I've missed loads of parties and social opportunities to play football at a good level for a couple years. I've recently managed to balance social life and football with school but I dread going to football. I have a couple times mentioned wanting to quit playing football at a high level to play with my friends who play at a lower level so I can enjoy it again but my dad hates this idea and goes in a mood with me whenever i mention it. I feel stuck playing the sport I used to enjoy and dont know what to do.
Should I keep playing just to keep my dad happy or do I stop and try to enjoy myself again?
PetitePanda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Stop and enjoy yourself again
Miriix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just tell him the truth and find something you enjoy
Earie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Thank Godness I don't have this kind of dad.
If you really hate it - quit it. No one should force you in any way to do or love something which you don't enjoy enough. I am so sorry, but what does it mean 'for my dad'? It sounds like a totalitarianism.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you registered to vote?

18-20 years old (yes) (40)
46.51%
18-20 years old (no) (10)
11.63%
20-25 years old (yes) (21)
24.42%
20-25 years old (no) (0)
0%
25-30 years old (yes) (6)
6.98%