The Student Room Group

Medical Personal Statement Grammatical Error!

I have recently applied to medical school and upon reading my statement on ucas again I found a small grammatical error!

The line read ‘which requiring me to’ when it should’ve read ‘which requires me to’. What’s even worse is that it’s in the very last sentence of my statement.

Have I screwed it up for myself or is there a chance they can overlook that? The rest is pretty grammatically sound.
Reply 1
the average time a university admissions person spends reading your ps is 2 mins they don't have time to read and absorb it all they have thousands to read so dw they'll probs scan over the mistake
Reply 2
Thanks mate
Original post by adzz.s1
I have recently applied to medical school and upon reading my statement on ucas again I found a small grammatical error!

The line read ‘which requiring me to’ when it should’ve read ‘which requires me to’. What’s even worse is that it’s in the very last sentence of my statement.

Have I screwed it up for myself or is there a chance they can overlook that? The rest is pretty grammatically sound.

If I had a pound for every student who has said this on TSR this past week, I would be a rich person!

Many people make spelling mistakes and small grammatical errors on their personal statements, but if the overall PS is great, this will make not one jot of difference.

What would be really bad would be talking about medicine, and getting the factual details wrong. This is surprisingly common.

You may think medicine personal statements are written by brilliant, perfect students, but that is far from the case. We are all human.

I know it is hard, but now it's time to move on. The next stage is the BMAT/UCAT. How are you getting on with that?
Reply 4
UCAT/ BMAT is sat before applying. I got 2440 overall and band 3 in UCAT. Pretty average to be honest but the rest of my application is decent. Im also applying to foundation year medicine so they won’t be expecting as much anyway...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending