Tappycp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Right so. Hello and welcome to my GCSE success story. - I hope.

My name is Tapiwa and I'm in yr 11. Surprisingly at this point I'm not too fussed about exams. Despite the fact my mocks are on November 15th. But it's alright because we move.

I'm studying The usual Maths, Science and English. But my school also does some ebaccc thing. - God knows what that is.
So I also do German and Re. But I picked Geography, History and Drama.

Now anyone who picked Geography or History will understand that they are very heavily essay based. So when I revise I use flashcards, Seneca and songs. To remember key facts for my essays. Especially with Geography case studies. Which are the lonnnggggggggessssssst

Now Drama is a funny one I was told its 30% theory. 70% practical but it might as well be the other way round seeing as I do so much revision. It's kinda like an English exam. So I kinda understand but I'm not in the mood for it half the time. Especially after a double Geography or History lesson. Drama is not the one.

And with that I shall finish there before I start ranting about my Drama class and getting myself into heaps of trouble.

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to follow please.
Last edited by Tappycp; 4 weeks ago
Hazzabear
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Tappycp)
Right so. Hello and welcome to my GCSE success story. - I hope.

My name is Tapiwa and I'm in yr 11. Surprisingly at this point I'm not too fussed about exams. Despite the fact my mocks are on November 15th. But it's alright because we move.

I'm studying The usual Maths, Science and English. But my school also does some ebaccc thing. - God knows what that is.
So I also do German and Re. But I picked Geography, History and Drama.

Now anyone who picked Geography or History will understand that they are very heavily essay based. So when I revise I use flashcards, Seneca and songs. To remember key facts for my essays. Especially with Geography case studies. Which are the lonnnggggggggessssssst

Now Drama is a funny one I was told its 30% theory. 70% practical but it might as well be the other way round seeing as I do so much revision. It's kinda like an English exam. So I kinda understand but I'm not in the mood for it half the time. Especially after a double Geography or History lesson. Drama is not the one.

And with that I shall finish there before I start ranting about my Drama class and getting myself into heaps of trouble.

Thanks for reading. Don't forget to follow please.
Hiya Tapiwa,

Good luck to your gyg and through your academic year!

Have you created a revision timetable to keep yourself focused through your study periods?
Tappycp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hiya Tapiwa,

Good luck to your gyg and through your academic year!

Have you created a revision timetable to keep yourself focused through your study periods?
I have tried but I'm not able to stick with it because if last minute events and the amount of homework we have due to my mocks in november. So I don't have time for proper revision.
emilynxlan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Best of luck! :woo:
Tappycp
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (83)
18.65%
Labour (185)
41.57%
Liberal Democrats (91)
20.45%
Green Party (33)
7.42%
Brexit Party (15)
3.37%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.35%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.12%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)