Teacher told children they’d be ‘sent to the gas chambers’ for misbehaving Watch

Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Metro.co.uk: Teacher told Jewish children they'd be 'sent to the gas chambers'.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/16/teach...ving-10926682/
JanusGodofDoors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That’s truly horrifying.
Glaz
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
That's completely out of order.
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
Metro.co.uk: Teacher told Jewish children they'd be 'sent to the gas chambers'.
https://metro.co.uk/2019/10/16/teach...ving-10926682/
For goodness' sake, that's terrible. No wonder this person is a supply teacher. Probably can't get a proper full time job.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
School dealt with it quickly.
We dont have all the context and it sounds more like a very poor joke.
She was fired.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
..it's more Hansel and Gretelly than it is Holocausty.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
the only way this would somehow makes sense was if their lesson was on the Holocaust and they made a joke like that because it's linked to what the lesson is about, however it's still a very bad joke regardless.
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
..it's more Hansel and Gretelly than it is Holocausty.
she would have said oven instead of gas chambers then.
OR321
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Well that’s disgusting. (The comment)
Oxford Mum
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
School dealt with it quickly.
We dont have all the context and it sounds more like a very poor joke.
She was fired.
It's a pity her name was not printed in the article, then she could be named and shamed. I would not want this teacher teaching my own children.
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Oxford Mum)
It's a pity her name was not printed in the article, then she could be named and shamed. I would not want this teacher teaching my own children.
Would you like her to be imprisoned or ruined for life? If they have a complaint then they can report it to her professional body. Not enough context for me to go further than they have.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I wonder if she is a member of the Labour Party?
That'd put a top hat on it.( Or should that be a flat cap?) 😁
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This teacher also said 'ship them off to the gas chambers'. Which is clearly wrong, from a historical point of view. The least she could do is get the method of transport correct.

Either way, she's a racist tit. Exactly what the teaching profession doesn't need.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Leviathan1611)
she would have said oven instead of gas chambers then.
Potato potahto

Lol jk. Nowadays people get up in arms about foolishness though. They're more concerned about it being anti ****ing semitic than violent.

And how on earth is she supposed to know their religion!? Unless they're fully ****ing hacidic Jew...which they wouldn't be. As they don't attend our schools. Jesus Christ ppl get on my tits lol
fallen_acorns
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
a bit more context might be nice..

I can see situations where this may not be a sack-able/punishable offense, and situations where it would be.

For example..

if your teaching a lesson on Nazi germany, and your not aware that some of your students are jewish.. Then is that worth the outrage? Its more like just an awful joke told by a not-funny teacher.

Compared to

If your teaching a maths lesson, and your fully aware that good number of your students are jewish, and you just crack out a threat of gas chambers - seems awful and worth all the outrage it gets.

---

You could compare it to teaching a lesson to a class that's 30% black, on the slave trade, and threatening to ship the class off as slaves. But the difference for me would be that its far more obvious a 10 year old is black than a 10 year old is jewish.. and if your just a supply teacher, and you don't know the kids that well..

I don't know, maybe I'm trying to excuse the teacher, I just can't imagine why someone would say it in an actual malicous way. I mean, even if you are a massive racist, I think you probably wouldn't say it in front of a class of kids.
Napp
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
An unfortunate choice of words...
Leviathan1611
Rep:
?
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
a bit more context might be nice..

I can see situations where this may not be a sack-able/punishable offense, and situations where it would be.

For example..

if your teaching a lesson on Nazi germany, and your not aware that some of your students are jewish.. Then is that worth the outrage? Its more like just an awful joke told by a not-funny teacher.

Compared to

If your teaching a maths lesson, and your fully aware that good number of your students are jewish, and you just crack out a threat of gas chambers - seems awful and worth all the outrage it gets.

---

You could compare it to teaching a lesson to a class that's 30% black, on the slave trade, and threatening to ship the class off as slaves. But the difference for me would be that its far more obvious a 10 year old is black than a 10 year old is jewish.. and if your just a supply teacher, and you don't know the kids that well..

I don't know, maybe I'm trying to excuse the teacher, I just can't imagine why someone would say it in an actual malicous way. I mean, even if you are a massive racist, I think you probably wouldn't say it in front of a class of kids.
I was thinking that too.
The RAR
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Dunno, if I were a primary Jewish school kid and a teacher told me he would "ship me to the gas chambers" for not finishing work, if he told it to a bunch of high school kids they would pass it off as a joke (Funny or crappy depending on your point of view) but I a primary school kid would be left shocked and terrified. I think a more appropriate punishment would have been to suspend her instead of sacking her, she was probably not a anti-Semite from what I read but simply told a **** joke.
londonmyst
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
So lucky she's not been publicly named in the article and shamed on social media.
Here's a supply teacher that needs to be urgently enrolled on some diversity & equality training.
One that teaches her the career implications of openly mocking recent genocidal atrocities and making racist jokes in the classroom.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

what's your favourite season?

Summer (62)
32.29%
Spring (36)
18.75%
Autumn/Fall (48)
25%
Winter (36)
18.75%
I love them all equally (10)
5.21%