Catered accommodation? Watch

The_pink_burglar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Basically...I've decided I want to go for catered accommodation for my first two choices (I know it's getting late now!) I don't know whether to put chancellor's court then holland, or holland then turner. I'm slightly dubious about being labelled if I go to chancellor's! What do people reckon? Thanks!
artorscience?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You won't be labelled. Chancellors is big so there are lots of people staying there and there is no special stereotype once you actually meet the people there. People in Pollock in general have the Chancellors attitude, or maybe the people in Chancellors have the general Pollock attitude.

Oh and if you're really worried about labels don't introduce yourself as "HI! I'm staying in Chancellors Court..." that way it won't be your defining feature.
The_pink_burglar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Thankyou! I've read some stuff where people say chancellor's is less sociable than the other pollock halls...is that true?
farser
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
The problem with chancellors and sociableness is because they have no common room like many of the other houses,
There are 540 rooms in chancellors compared to 160 in Ewing, grant etc.
The doors in chancellors are like hotel doors so it is much harder just to wander into someones room for a chat because the doors are always locked.
Saying that, if you are a sociable person you will have no problem!
Grum Fox
Report 10 years ago
Basically, most folk I've met at Pollock dislike (I wouldn't say despise, but it's a close call!) those who stay in Chancellors.

More money than sense if you stay in there, basically.
artorscience?
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Grum Fox)
Basically, most folk I've met at Pollock dislike (I wouldn't say despise, but it's a close call!) those who stay in Chancellors.
Most folk I've met who are self-catered "dislike"* those at Pollock for the same reason...

...more money than sense and too much of a belief that lunch has to be eaten out.

*I use the word dislike very loosely, I much more mean scorn the lives of...:rolleyes:
Grum Fox
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by artorscience?)
Most folk I've met who are self-catered "dislike"* those at Pollock for the same reason...

...more money than sense and too much of a belief that lunch has to be eaten out.

*I use the word dislike very loosely, I much more mean scorn the lives of...:rolleyes:
And those in Chancellors will despise those in self-catering for being closer to town.

<sings>The Ciiiiircle, oh the ciiiiircle of liiiiiife!</sings>
michaela_banana
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol! And don't get me started on those who live at home!!

Friendly bunch aren't we!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise