^^^
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Xiphos)
^^^
Not at all! You can start a new hobby at any age.

Join a team and see if you enjoy it
Xiphos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Not at all! You can start a new hobby at any age.

Join a team and see if you enjoy it
My main concern is that I'm not strong enough or big enough. I go to the gym 6-7 times a week but I'm not very heavy.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
My main concern is that I'm not strong enough or big enough. I go to the gym 6-7 times a week but I'm not very heavy.
You don't have to be built like Billy Vunipola to play, and play well, for that matter. It's a case of matching your skills to a position on the field. Are you lightning fast and agile, for instance?

Don't get hung up on having to be a total unit to be able to play. It's not like that.
GreenCub
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can work on your physical build. There isn't an upper age limit for being able to do this (but be sure to do it in a healthy way).

And no, it's certainly not "too late" to start rugby at 17. You're not 60 or something. Many people are under the impression that you must start a discipline at a very young age in order to get good at it, but this is certainly untrue and applies only if you're aspiring to be at an extremely high level (which doesn't apply to most people). Definitely go ahead and start!
Xiphos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by GreenCub)
You can work on your physical build. There isn't an upper age limit for being able to do this (but be sure to do it in a healthy way).

And no, it's certainly not "too late" to start rugby at 17. You're not 60 or something. Many people are under the impression that you must start a discipline at a very young age in order to get good at it, but this is certainly untrue and applies only if you're aspiring to be at an extremely high level (which doesn't apply to most people). Definitely go ahead and start!
Thank you, very helpful.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads