The Student Room Group

Worried about university offers?

I am currently almost done with my UCAS application, which I am going to send off tomorrow.

I am worried that universities I apply for won't accept me because of how bad my predicted grades are for UCAS, but I am willing to work harder and beat those grades!

English Literature- D
Politics-D
Psychology-C

I know they are really bad! Does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of my nerves about universities not accepting me and rejecting me? Thank you it would be much appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Assuming that You're not applying to Oxbridge or UCL , you'll be fine
If the unis you are targeting can be reasonably attained with those grades or marginally above, according to their own issued guidelines, you should be fine.
Original post by nightmindowl
I am currently almost done with my UCAS application, which I am going to send off tomorrow.

I am worried that universities I apply for won't accept me because of how bad my predicted grades are for UCAS, but I am willing to work harder and beat those grades!

English Literature- D
Politics-D
Psychology-C

I know they are really bad! Does anyone have any advice on how to get rid of my nerves about universities not accepting me and rejecting me? Thank you it would be much appreciated :smile:

Where are you thinking of applying to?

English Literature- D
Politics-D
Psychology-C

CDD will get you into uni @nightmindowl. Where are you thinking of applying for, and for what courses.

Target your applications carefully with a mix of universities asking for between DDD and CCC (72 to 96 tariff points), making sure that at least three of your choices are no higher than CDD (80 points).
If you are applying to Unis that match those grades, or are within 1 grade of that, you should be okay.
Clearly its pointless applying for courses that want A or B grades.

How to Avoid 5 Rejections here : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/how-to-avoid-getting-five-university-rejections
Original post by OMG354
Assuming that You're not applying to Oxbridge or UCL , you'll be fine

I am not applying for Oxford, Cambridge or UCL, that's okay!
Original post by S1elyak1
Where are you thinking of applying to?

University of Warwick
University of Essex
Royal Holloway possibly
I am not too sure about LSE because the requirements are too high and they don't offer adjustment in case I actually go above my predicted grades.
University of Warwick
University of Essex
Royal Holloway possibly
I am not too sure about LSE because the requirements are too high and they don't offer adjustment in case I actually go above my predicted grades.

Ok Warwick isn't gonna accept you, most of their courses ask for A*AA to ABB.
Not too sure about Essex either.
University of Warwick
University of Essex
Royal Holloway possibly

LSE are very unlikely to accept you with those predictions, don't waste a space on the form. They are just as competitive as UCL and almost as competitive as Oxbridge!

Warwick are highly competitive also, I don't think you are taking the advice you have been given about applying to unis that are asking for the grades you are predicted. If you aim too high you will just get the rejections you say you fear, so apply realistically or prepare to be disappointed
Original post by ANO-NI-MUS
Ok Warwick isn't gonna accept you, most of their courses ask for A*AA to ABB.
Not too sure about Essex either.

Hmm, what universities would accept me then?
Because I am not too sure which ones have safe entry requirements for my predicted grades?
I can try and ask my teachers to see if they can try and bring them up somehow?
Original post by harrysbar
LSE are very unlikely to accept you with those predictions, don't waste a space on the form. They are just as competitive as UCL and almost as competitive as Oxbridge!

Warwick are highly competitive also, I don't think you are taking the advice you have been given about applying to unis that are asking for the grades you are predicted. If you aim too high you will just get the rejections you say you fear, so apply realistically or prepare to be disappointed

That's what I was thinking as well because my predicted grades are too low for LSE to accept me.

I am so worried about university and it is really affecting me, and I am worried I may not get into a good one as well and all of them will reject me.
I feel so desperate!

Apologies
That's what I was thinking as well because my predicted grades are too low for LSE to accept me.

I am so worried about university and it is really affecting me, and I am worried I may not get into a good one as well and all of them will reject me.
I feel so desperate!

Apologies

Don't feel desperate, just don't aim quite so high and you will get offers not rejections.

What subject do you want to study at uni?

English Literature- D
Politics-D
Psychology-C

I think you need to really put your head down and do lots of revision. Ideally you shouldn’t really get below a C but your grades are manageable. It depends what sort of degree you want to do. Judging by your grades psychology is best for you but psychology is very science-based in university.

Keep calm. There are plenty of universities with entry requirements DDC. Also university is not the end, you may want to do an apprenticeship
If you don't get any offers don't worry, you can always go through clearing.
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
If you don't get any offers don't worry, you can always go through clearing.

Thank you for the advice!
Original post by Celal2001
I think you need to really put your head down and do lots of revision. Ideally you shouldn’t really get below a C but your grades are manageable. It depends what sort of degree you want to do. Judging by your grades psychology is best for you but psychology is very science-based in university.

Keep calm. There are plenty of universities with entry requirements DDC. Also university is not the end, you may want to do an apprenticeship

That is very important! Thank you! I honestly think that these predicted grades do not define my entire UCAS journey to university completely, and that the end result of my A Level grades count more!!

Thank you for the advice
You are highly unlikely to get into the universities you are looking at with your grades. Look at universities ranging from BCC to DDC and possibly offering a points based offer. If you achieve better grades then you can apply through adjustment..
University of Warwick
University of Essex
Royal Holloway possibly

I would definitely not even consider LSE unless you want to apply once you have your grades and take a gap year. Same applies to Warwick, and probably RHUL and Essex. You could apply for universities that are lower in the league tables and if you achieve your desired grades go through adjustment or take a gap year and apply for 2021 entry.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending